Prologue: Life Now

England, January 1983

Steve's point of view

Sherrie and I have been together again for a year. I was deeply in love with her and nothing could separate us. With Def Leppard, things were going great, we finished to record our next album and it will be in store on January 20. I was excited for the release because it meant that we'll go on tour again and this was my favorite part of being in a band. When I woke up this morning, in the house that I share with Phil and Sherrie, I was pleased to see my beautiful girlfriend asleep right next to me. I was happy to wake up every morning with her beside me because she makes me feel good. I looked at the large window that leads to a staircase to go at the terrace and thought that I should let my baby sleep instead of waiting for her to wake up. I got out of bed, put on a pair of pyjama pants and a sweater since it was a little cold outside and made my way out of the room before closing the door. I walked downstairs then in the kitchen to make some coffee. As I turned on the coffee machine, I heard a door open then footsteps coming downstairs. I turned around and saw a blonde guitarist with a sleepy head and messy hair. I laughed a little as Phil walked close to me.

"Morning Phil. Do you want some coffee?" I asked showing him the coffee pot and he nodded. I took out two coffee mud and poured some coffee in them before I gave one to Phil.

"Let's go outside even if it's a little cold, it's sunny and it's relaxing." He proposed and we stepped out of the house. After cleaning the top of the chairs that were full of snow, we sat down on them and I thought that since two years Phil and Sherrie's relationship grew stronger. I smiled and took a sip of coffee.

"So, what's the plan for today?" Asked Phil.

"The guys are coming here today, don't ask the reason, I forgot it." I replied ans he laughed before drinking some coffee. Phil and I talked for about 30 minutes but we got interrupted by Sherrie walking down the stairs that leads to our room. I noticed that she was wrapped in our bed sheets and she was wearing my boots, I smiled thinking that even dressed like this she looked like a queen, my queen.

"Morning guys, how did you sleep?" She asked stopping in front of me. I looked up and she was smiling , I opened my arms ans she sat on me wrapping all the blankets around us. Phil looked at us and said nothing, I guess that he was getting used to see us stuck on each other. She looked at Phil and smiled at him and he laughed in answer.

Sherrie's point of view

I was happy now, I was back with my amazing blonde boyfriend and Phil and I got really close, maybe that's why we bought a house together, with Steve.

"Babe. Phil and I want to go inside it's getting cold and I'm sure that you're cold too with just blankets on. Can you get up so we can go inside?" Asked Steve getting me out of my thoughts. I got up and the guitarists did the same. We walked in the house and I went upstairs to put warmer clothes. In the room, I threw the blankets on the bed and put on jogging pants and a sweater with heaviest socks. I looked in the mirror and realised that I looked like someone who lives in North Pole. I shrugged my shoulder and walked back downstairs. When I stepped in the kitchen, Steve and Phil started to laugh. I looked at my clothes then back at the blonde guitarists.

"What? I'm comfortable in these clothes , plus they keep me warm. You guys are just jealous of my clothes." I said and they started to laugh even louder than before.

"Okay I get I, it's funny but if you t two keep laughing like that, I won't make breakfast. " I said pointing at the boys and they instantly stopped laughing.

"Much better." I whispered as I walked further in the room. I wasn't careful so I slipped on the ceramic floor and ended in Phil's arms.

"Are you okay Sherrie?" Asked Phil as Steve walked close to us. I let go of Phil and nodded.

"Thanks." I whispered and he answered that it was nothing.

"Babe you alright? Now I understand why I don't put heaviest socks, I don't want to slid on the floor" Said Steve playfully. I laughed a little and said that I was okay.

"So what do you guys want for breakfast? I asked taking my socks off. I don't want to slid again." I said laughing as the front door opened. I already knew that it was the guys because they were the only one who didn't knock when they entered here. They stepped in the kitchen and I noticed that they were all wearing jackets with shoes in the middle of winter.

"You know we're in January ant it's freezing outside." I said and they all shrugged their shoulders.

"Are you preparing breakfast?" Asked Rick looking at the food that I took out of the fridge. I nodded and he smiled at me while sitting at the table beside Steve. The signer and the bassist did the same thing. I sighed knowing that I'll have to prepare breakfast for five hungry musicians. Phil got up and started to help me with the breakfast, he was soon followed by the blonde guitarist and the rest of the band. Finally, everybody contributed to breakfast and I was pretty happy about it. This was the usual morning lived by us, we would get up, prepare breakfast and the guys would arrived at the same time so we would eat all together. After that, the guys would go in the studio or stay at out house to talk about the album. It was the same routine since January 1982. I enjoyed those moments with all the boys, we were a close group and that was a cool thing about Def Leppard. After breakfast, the Lepps went in the living room while I cleaned the dishes, I didn't mind to do that alone because I knew that the album was more important. After that, I walked in the living room and sat beside Steve. He put his arm around my shoulders and kept talking with the boys.

"I'll be freaking happy to go back on tour. We'll be away from Mutt who is so demanding." Said Phil.

"Yeah but still he's a great producer and the album wouldn't sound like this if it had been another producer." Explained Joe.

"Yeah it's true." Replied Phil. When he mentioned touring few seconds ago, I swallowed with difficulty thinking that the guys leaving for tour would be the same situation than in 1981 with Mötley Crüe , they'll leave me alone and I'll cry until I have no more tears in my body. I looked at the small table and I completely ignored what they were saying as the memories of 1981 came in my mind.

"Sherrie darl? Earth to Sherrie?" Asked Steve tapping on my shoulder which got me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I asked looking at Steve.

"We were talking about touring and you begin to stare into emptiness." Explained Steve.

"Oh, sorry if I disturb you guys in your conversation." I replied and Sav shock his head.

"You didn't disturb. We just wanted to tell you that you wouldn't be alone while we're on tour." Said Sav. At the beginning, I didn't understand what he meant but when I did, I was glad that they thought about not leaving me alone here.

"Thanks guys, I appreciate that you thought about me." I said with a small smile as Steve hugged me and kissed the top of my head.

"If we leave you here, Steve is going to stay away from us, he'll be all the time on the phone talking to you and also we'll miss you so much." said Rick and we all laughed. The guys talked about their album for a good part of the day. I sighed and got up to walk in the kitchen. I poured myself a glass of water and I heard footsteps, I turned around and saw Rick with a small smile.

"You know, I really meant what I said earlier. At some point, you were and you still are the only thing that makes Steve happy and he wouldn't be able to live without you now that he found you." He said and Joe yelled that he was leaving with Sav. I didn't have the time to answer that Rick was already gone. I smiled a little ad went back in the living room to say bye to the singer and the bassist.