My Love

My heart swelled in excitement as I listened to my mum screaming from the other end of the line. "Ridwan, my darling, this is wonderful news! By what time are you getting here?" the tone of my mother's voice was vigorous, as thought she wanted us to teleport into her presence now. Sitting down on my bed, I clutched my phone tightly on my ear, a smile playing slowly on my lips, "Mama Ridwan, I said we would arrive in the evening. Cool down, I'm very certain you will like her," I bragged fondly. "I already do! She is so beautiful.in the picture you sent last time to your sister's whatsapa or what you people call it?, She appeared straight and beautiful,". She spoke elatedly in yoruba.

   " And her voice sounded fascinating last time we spoke. Please, come quickly. I can't wait to introduce you guys to my friends. They would be so jealous of my daughter-in-law". I laughed at her words. My mum would never change. "what are her favorite meals?" My mum's enthusiasm sank deep into my spirit as we talked on. The fact that my mum liked Amina , even before meeting her for the very first time, gave fire to my unending love for her. Who wouldn't fall for the girl? Amina was the most extraordinary girlfriend I had ever been with. Her beauty is just like Paris, but more beautiful than it was the finest city in the world.

We had met five years ago, during my undergraduate period, we did the same University (Usmanu danfodio University, sokoto), and the same course ;English. We were know as couples right from hundred level because if I moves to the left she does. We started out as course mate and because we spent 7 hours together almost everyday, we discovered a strong chemistry between us. I could vividly recall the event that started off our relationship. It was on cold Monday night, we had gone to school wireless to do one assignment like that; and there is this cold and she was shiffering though we were sitting closer by. After looking at her shiffering for a little while, I had to hug her and she didn't resist me.

"I can't resist you anymore ", I said and drawled her head and gave her deep kiss. Though, I was surprised by my sudden action, but I enjoyed every suck of her lips on mine. I had been dying to know how those succulent red lips tasted. Later in the evening, I offered her for a night talk (moroco) which she agreed and came out, it was there that I finally expressed my true feelings for her.

Finding out subsequently that she is from Niger state; Nupe by tribe added more sweetened to our relationship because I always want to make my mother proud because she is a Nupe by tribe but got married to a yoruba which is my father....

Like.. Comment..