Prologue

You can't recall how many times you've fought Toriel. All you can remember is the feeling of your skin burning when you failed to dodge a ball of molten magic. You felt a little dumb for letting your guard down around Toriel when you knew she was more than a little unhinged. But hey you did this because you have set your mind on sparing and freeing everyone in the mountain. You would want the same if it was the other way around; even though most encounters with monster have led to fights. So now you set out on leaving the Ruins. Opening the large double doors, entering a larger hallway. Once again you come across another set of doors, this time though you can feel the cold wind of the outside.

" You can do this Y/n!" Flowey cheers on the side of your face. Oh yeah, Flowey, You saved him from certain death by Toriel so now he's your traveling companion. He has a nihilistic personality but he's a sweet guy.  

" Thank you Flowey." You smile and gentle pet his petals. Flowey himself was carefully wrapped around your neck. And with that, you open the last doors leading into a snowy forest.

....

Hmm, a human is walking by. I wonder if Toriel is dead. 

I hop down from the tree I was sitting in. I continue to follow the young girl, staying in the shadowed forest. I look down at the ax in my hand, free exp. With a swift movement, I swing my arm and the ax flies and knocks her down. An (s/c) heart flutters up and I move to reach it. . .

....

[<3 Reload] 

*You reload your recent checkpoint. 

....

(Your POV) 

You walk out the door more cautious this time around. As you reach the same area from last time you wait, adrenaline heightening your hearing, so when you hear a small rustle you duck, and in good timing too as an ax flies by your head. You start running as fast as your legs can carry you, jumping over a branch that was in your way. A few feet in front of the branch and your breath hitches as you run faster, but come to a halting stop at a tall wooden gate. You can hear crunching foot-steps in the snow behind you, they're slow; you shiver more from fear than the cold. 

"*don't ya' know how to greet a new pal?..." A cold voice questions you, urging you to turn around. This has to be the person who killed you previously. You look at Flowey and he's shaking his petals side to side in a panicked matter, pleading you to not turn around. 

"* turnaround and shake my hand." You can hear a shifting sound. You suck in a breath and pivot, sticking your right hand out in greeting. Once your hand hits his an electric shock stiffens your body, forcing you rigid and stopping your heart.  

....

Uh hi, I'm Toby the new co-author/ editor 

my job is to fix the story so there are fewer plot holes.

I don't know what else to say really, but I hope you like my updates.