Always

Sylvia woke up in tears, beads of sweat on her pale forehead. She practically choked on her own breath and started to sob. She had just had the worst nightmare. She had dreamed that...
Sylvia frantically felt next to her and her hand was slowly moving up and down, each time it did a soft snore escaped her boyfriend's lips. Sylvia sighed in relief, bringing her hand up to his cheek, gently stroking the smooth skin. He was safe, he was breathing. That's all that mattered. 

Akatsuki's eyes fluttered open at the touch of his girlfriend, smiling when he saw her face. But he frowned when she noticed the shine of her tears that fell from her cheeks. 

"Hey, honey, what's wrong?" He gently asked, sitting up and cupping her cheek. 

"I-I just had a really bad dream...that's all..." She explained, smiling when Akatsuki wiped her tears away with his thumb. 

"Wanna talk about it?" He offers. 

Sylvia nods, frowning when recalling the horrid nightmare. "W-We were fighting something evil...and it had you. I got s-so scared. I tried to save you b-but it was t-too l-l-late..." Her whole body wracked with sobs. "I couldn't ever bear to see you so hurt." 

"Oh, honey..." He wrapped his arms around her, nuzzling her cheek. "Nothing like that will ever happen to me." 

"B-But what...if i-it does?" She asks in between sobs, resting her chin on his shoulder. 

"It won't, ever. I promise." He tries to reassure his nervous girlfriend. 

"Y-You can't b-be sure of that..."

"Well, I have you to protect me." He smiles, holding both sides of her face. "And you have me to protect you." 

"Y-Yeah..." She smiles, pecking him on the lips. "Thank you, Akatsuki." 

"You're welcome, Sylvia." He replies, cutely booping her nose. 

Sylvia blushes like a little schoolgirl and grins, tackling him to the bed. "Akatsuki-sama!"

Akatsuki chuckles, wrapping his arms around the dark haired girl. "I'll always be here for you."

"Always?" She asks. 

"Always."