Out In The Open

Author's POV
Maya and Alison sit across from each other in an awkward silence. Maya takes a deep breath before breaking the silence.

"How's your nose?" Maya asks, playing with her fingers.

"Broken..."

There is another silence

"Why did you come here Maya?" Ali asked in a raspy voice.

"First I came to apologize." Maya started. "Second...I-I need the journals Ali."

Ali started to cry, she started to talk but her voice shook.

"Say no more." she whispered.

Ali lead Maya to the attic and pulled out a box from behind a large shelf. She opened it slowly and pulled out a hard cover journal with the year 2008 engraved in gold in the front. There were more journals inside the box all with the years of 2009-2012 engraved in gold on the front. Her tears started falling rapidly, she turned to Maya and placed the 2008 book In her hand.

"I'm sorry for what I did to you. I can't believe what I did. You don't have to hug me you don't even have to look at me. Just forgive me... please I can't take it anymore. I'm done with it. I treated you and Emily so terribly, I gave up the best things that ever happened to me. It's my fault you've been running for six years, it's my fault your in danger. Let me finish this."

"Alison, When we were 13 you made fun of me for liking girls and you teased me for being in love with you, you pretended to be my friend, you trapped me at a cabin, had me kidnapped, made me have to go on the run for six years where I was kidnapped multiple times, being tortured and having to escape on my own. I could never call for help, no one would ever come for me." Tears flushed Maya's eyes. "I don't want you to be sorry for that, I want you to be sorry for hurting Emily, making me use her, hurt her. I would go through all of that a million times over for her. All I can say is thank you for giving me that. For giving me Emily and giving me the truth. I forgive you but I don't know if I'll ever forget." Maya stood up and put the books in her bag. She walked to the door but stopped when she heard Alison start to speak.

"Tell the girls I'm sorry and I love them...I loved you too Maya and now Emily does. Take care of her, she doesn't deserve this...none of them do." Alison said still crying harder.

Maya walked out of the Dilaurentis house broken and in tears she had made it just a few feet before she heard footsteps behind her. She turned around to see a masked man run to front of the house and break down the door.

"Alison run!" she screamed.

She ran into the house and followed the man Halfway up the stairs, she ran back down to the kitchen and grabbed a butcher knife.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh"

Maya heard the horrible scream and ran upstairs. She reached the attic where she found Alison fighting for her life. Maya attempted to stab the unknown attacker but was stopped and hit, Alison lying unconscious on the ground. In the midst of Maya's fight with the attacker she is stabbed in the stomach and falls to the ground. The last thing she see's before passing out is Toby Cavanaugh and behind him many police officers.

Toby's POV
I just got a call about a brutal disturbance at the Dilaurentis house. I call it in and head for Alison's house. I arrive at the same time as many police officers and I run through the house looking for anybody who's home. I hear a loud scream and draw my weapon, I race to the attic and immediately tackle the suspect. I restrain him and hand him over to another officer.

I run to Alison's unconscious body and check her pulse, and clarify she is still alive.

"I need a bus now!" I yell.

I crawl to the other body and stop and almost faint at the sight of Maya St Germain's body. I obtain her wound until the ambulance arrived. My first thought was to call Emily.

"Emily."

"Hey Toby, now's not really a good time-"

"You need to come to the hospital now."

"Toby, what's going on?"

"Alison's in an ambulance, she was attacked."

"Oh my gosh, is she okay?"

"I think she'll be okay but...I don't know about Maya.

"Oh my fucking gosh, please tell me you they're okay."

"I don't know Emily but did you hear me? Maya's alive."

"I know. Don't ask, I'll tell you about it when I get there."

"What do you mean you know? Emily what the hell is going on?"

"I'll tell you when I get there."

Emily hangs up the phone and I rush to the hospital completely overwhelmed. Man, my life is not normal.

Emily's POV
"Hanna, wake up!" I yell as I rip the blankets off of her.

"Em, what's going on?" she asks as she jumps out of bed.

"Maya and Alison were attacked...and the police responded to the call."

Hanna's jaw dropped and she started breathing heavily.

"Does that mean...?"

"Yes, it does. We gotta go now." I whisper.

Me and Hanna throw on our shoes and jackets and run to the car. We left a note for Jordan telling him what happened. My heart is racing, my blood pumping, my whole body is shaking. This can't be happening.

(A/N):
Sorry I haven't updated in forever and this is a sucky chapter but don't worry it'll get better just be patient with me. Please check out my Tobily story I think many of you will enjoy it. 👍😁😁