CHAPTER 3: English Fest

Mark grabbed my hand and said

"you're mine!"

"hey! who told you that!" I said

"Me! and you are not going anywhere ok?"

I blushed and smiled,

"s-sure, will you s-stop holding me now?"

"sure babe! Just make sure that you are not trying to escape from me"

"oh, sure.. I will if you stop calling me with that stupid 'babe', and please be serious ok?"

"sure babe, as you wish.." then winked..

then as if on cue, miss Wena interfered the whole class..

"ok, children! thats it.. whomever beside you is your partner, please get a piece of paper and write your name and your partner's name.. "

I then turned to look for Mae, and a bit shocked to see her with ken, and im so proud of her.. I smiled at them when Mark tickled me at my side..

"hey babe, aren't you gonna write our names? "

"ok! cant you write? why do you have to wait for me?"

"ouch Marie! im just thinking that since I have bad hand writing, maybe you should write it.."

"oh come on Mark, you are not a baby anymore! start acting your age!.."

"hey!, ok ill do it, wait!.. didnt you just call me baby?, aww.. I knew it.. you are starting to fall in love with me" then winked at me..

I scowled at him, and before I snapped back at him our school bell rang, indicating that we have our next subject which is P.E.

so we all scrambled to the dance room and then practiced ballroom.. I know this subject is boring, but I have no choice at all

Ms Row our professor in P.E. went in the dance room and spoke

"uh, guys! we dont have class today, I have to do some personal errand, so instead of doing your practical test, ill be moving it next meeting, ok?.. and also, I require all of you to watch the freshmen's English fest right now! so hurry and go to Highschool Gym, and take note! ill be checking your attendance at the end of the program!!"

everyone was so happy after that, its a total crap when we where all practicing, because during our practice, its either you accidentally bump to the other pair or they bump on you, and with my situation, I dont think it will be fun when your partner is your mortal enemy, yeah and his name was Brent, yeah, well he's a good dancer, but thats all he can offer, because he was so annoying, and irritating. He always tease me because back when we where still in first year, he accidentally overheard me and Mae talking about my crush, he (my crush) liked my status and unfortunately Brent also liked my status, so he tought that I have a crush on him, since then he always talk to me, hang out with me, tease me, and worse he calls me gooey names like "baby", "honey", "cute", etc. etc..

Speaking of the devil, Brent was trailing us (me, Mark, and Mae) ..

"hey! partner? should we be practicing?"..

"partner your face! haven't you heard? we should be watching the program?"

"oh! sorry Honey! I didnt mean to upset you but you have to come with me now."

"oh no, no, no! lets just practice next time ok?!, now move and get lost, I dont want to be marked absent!"

We (Mark, Mae and I) headed to the H.S. Gym and sat in front.

As usual, im in the middle of my two bestfriends Mark was on my left and Mae on my right, we where next to the center aisle. As the sits are being filled with different students of different course and year, I scanned the crowd and was glad to see that my classmates where on the back, which means me and my bestfriends can do whatever we like and enjoy our bonding moment.

The stage was carefully made up of colorful japanese papers, long green curtains and you know the typical stage style.

There are approximately 3 participants per category, there are 5 categories: speech choir, singing, dancing, declamation and Mr and Ms English Fest.

The first participant/s to perform was under the category of declamation, she was so cute like a pixie!! her piece was the lyrics of Fireworks by Katy Perry, well as usual professor chose crazy pieces every year so that was already expected..

Mark was giving comments to every participants, he was making fun of them.

He tickled me on the side and then pointed to the girl, I laughed

After, say 9 participants ..

we all looked bored, so Mark Mae and I just chatted.

The next performer was from the Speech choir, we criticized each participant.. At first I didnt care about them, I just thought that it will be the same with the others, but this time I was shocked!

When the group start performing, my heart starts pounding when I heard a beautiful sound coming from the guitar, I mean I was awestruck, it was so powerful yet it wasnt overpowering the choir!

I looked directly to the guitarist, he was not tall, he has clean short barber's hair cut, he was wearing a black and white striped shirt and black slacks with black leather shoes.. He was so cute! I was mesmerized on how he play the guitar.. but theres something about him, It seems like I know him, the more I look at him, the more im certain that I have seen him before, but where?!

Then I looked harder to him, and I remembered! I pictured him with glasses, then remove the striped shirt and change it into our school uniform, Presto!! we have the familiar face that I recognized!

The cute guitarist was non other than, my most hated man!! Shit!

I almost scowled when I looked at him again! but then I found myself enjoying his music, its as if that there were only him and me in the gym..

I forgot my hate on him and started to like him! already..

I cant take my eyes off of him, then I said to Mae..

" I think.. I have a new found crush!"

"Where? let me see?"

"you already saw him!"

"wait?! Mark? I already know that!"

"No! im not talking about him!"

"Oh? is he on the stage? I think I already knew it! he seems your type! is he the guitarist? am I right?"

I just smiled at her and said..

"let me just call him 'Mr. Stripes'"

"oh, alright.. he's all yours!! I was about to tell you that I like him, but then.. you said it first..and besides he's not really my type, so ok!"

" Thanks!" I said and smiled.

Then the program went like a blurr and all I think is about MR. STRIPES...

I always glance on his direction. Oh how I love this feeling! Its like adding a new spice in my life.. Looking at him, sends beautiful electricity in my body, I almost shivered..

And that's where it all started..