Chapter 3

My eyes felt heavy as I cuddled into Rob's side. I listened to the rhythm of his breathing as he fell asleep, holding me in his arms.

I woke up, humming being heard throughout the house. I groaned quietly, sitting up and moving my hands around cautiously. I felt a pillow, signaling that I had passed out on the couch with Rob. I stood up carefully, taking a step forward. My leg hit the coffee table, making me yelp and fall back onto the couch.

"Darnit," I groaned, holding my shin. I heard loud footsteps rushing towards me, and the next thing I knew, I heard Rob talking to me and holding me.

"Are you okay? What'd you do?" He asked, his voice filled with panic.

"Rob, I just walked into the coffee table. I am fine." I grumbled. Rob chuckled at my tone, before helping me up.

"Don't you know that there's a coffee table there, Preston?" If I could glare at Rob, I would be. But I couldn't, so I just huffed and crossed my arms like a child.

"It's not like I sleep on the couch, you idiot. I do own a bed you know." I sneered, starting to walk towards the kitchen. I heard Rob following me, making sure I didn't trip over anything.

"Yeah, but you don't take naps?" He mumbled awkwardly.

I laughed, "Rob, napping isn't for me. I basically live off of coffee from the cafe." I muttered. I reached the fridge, reaching my hand inside and grabbing a random bottle. I opened the cap gently, before taking a sip. It was iced coffee. I could feel Rob's stare as he looked inside my fridge, and I just laughed quietly, knowing it was full of different kinds of coffee. "See? This is my stash." I joked silently. Rob wrapped his arms around my waist, laughing against me.

"Your own personal stash of coffee? Seems like you have an addiction, Pressy." I smacked him on the arm as the name slipped out of his mouth, making him scream from surprise. I would've made him let go of me and started running around, waiting for him to catch up, but I would've fallen almost immediately.

"That's what some people would call it, I guess." I sat my coffee down on the counter and turned around, facing Rob. He leaned in and kissed me on the cheek before letting go of me.

"So, Preston, ah, would you like to go on a date with me?" Rob asked nervously. I smiled at him gently before nodding quickly,

"Of course."

-~-

Rob and I held hands as we walked down the sidewalk together. I looked down, continuing to walk next to my romantic interest.

"So, did you have fun?" He asked. I laughed and punched him in the arm,

"Of course I had fun you goof. Our first date." I smiled brightly, and leaned my head on his shoulder as we walked down the sidewalk. He stopped walking, and I felt him turn to face me.

"I enjoyed this. Would you like to be my boyfriend, Pressy?" I mentally rolled my eyes, before taking his other hand into my own.

"No, I refuse your offer. You're too jobless." He let go of my hand, probably placing it over his heart.

"Ahh! My heart, the boy I love has denied me. How could I ever live!" He cried out sarcastically. I scoffed, dropped his other hand and bursting into laughter.

"Yes, Roberto, I will be your boyfriend. Even if you are a jobless weirdo." I answered, giggling.

When we eventually got home, we collapsed on the couch and instantly fell asleep. I, of course fell asleep with my new boyfriend on my mind.

-~-

"Babe! Preston, Preston!" I groaned and snuggled into the couch cushions, covering my face.

"Leave me alone," I grumbled.

"Never! Preston, the princess has been kidnapped!" He shouted as he lifted me off the couch.

"Oh no! What a tragedy," I replied, the sentence dripping with sarcasm.

"We must go save her!" I started smacking Rob on the arm as he sat me down on what felt like the kitchen counter. "No!" He squealed like a girl, making me burst into laughter.

"Where is the princess located?" I asked him. He chuckled and leaned in,

"Oh..It turns out the princess is actually a prince!" And with that, he kissed me on the lips with a smile. I couldn't help but kiss him back.