INTRO

THE girl ran from them

THE girl ran from them. She ran from her demons in the most literal way possible, because if she didn't, they would have her pretty blonde head on a stick. However, she didn't run aimlessly.

She had a destination that she was heading for, a destination she was so anxious to reach. A place where her heart belonged, or where she felt it did.

Her feet ached as she stepped on the jagged debris beneath her feet, finding herself throwing her arms up to block the more incoming dust from the explosions just above her head. She yelped in surprise when a large piece of concrete fell inches from her body, causing her to stop abruptly in her tracks, nearly falling face first into it before turning her attention towards the direction of her approaching aggressors, cursing under her breath as she jumped over the debris and kept running as fast as she could.

Her heart raced faster than her feet could take her and she felt as if she would give out at any second, but she refused to stop until she reached that final destination.

She had hoped the large piece of debris slowed her demons down for a while, and she slowed her pace into a jog now that she was nearly to a place she loved to call Home.

When she came to the sight, her heart seemed to drop mercilessly, along with her body as it hit the ground. Her knees felt no pain as her heart screamed, along with her voice. The house she grew up in, the one her family lived in, the one that she knew for sure that they were in when this happened, lie sprawled about the ground like missing puzzle pieces, no longer able to stitch back together.

She knew that one day her mistake would have consequences, and now she knew that it brought about the death of her entire family, and of her own identity.

As she sat on her knees, her demons caught up with her, and they took her back into their darkness. A darkness that a glowing, angelic hand soon found its way into. A savior's hand, perhaps. A dark angel of some sort, with ravishing, short red hair and a black suit that seemed to be her own flesh.

After a while, still blinded by the darkness, she took the glowing hand and her vision centered in on the source. A beautiful face, so full of pain and loss, much like her own. A savior, a friend, but a love long lost.