Three

"Why the hell would I want to go to a party? I'm not in high school anymore," I try to reason with her.

Alice leans against the back of the building and lets out a long puff of smoke. She flicks the ash off her half smoked cigarette and takes another drag as she rolls her eyes at me.

"That's why we're going to a college party. You're still young. Live a little."

"But I don't... party," I whine. Alice scoffs and flicks her bright red hair over her shoulder.

"Listen, Mother Theresa. You work in a sex shop and you're friends with me. You're not a saint anymore and I will make you have fun if it's the last thing I do."

I sigh and mutter a "fine". She smiles triumphantly. I lean against the cool brick of the building and wait for her to finish her cigarette.

The smoke looks so pretty as it comes out of her mouth that I almost ask her to let me try. But I'm scared. I'm scared of a lot of things. So maybe Alice is right. I do need to live a little.

We walk back inside and we're hit with the soft latex-y smell that's been permanently infused into the air inside the store. I've been working at Wonderland for almost three weeks now. I've finally gotten in the swing of things around here and the creepy customers don't bother me like they used to. I'm even helping Alice train the new employee, Liam. He's got huge muscles and he's definitely very fit. He also has a very fit boyfriend and they're probably the cutest couple I've ever seen.

"You okay there, Li? You look a little nervous," I chuckle lightly, walking over to where he stands behind the register. His face his slightly pale and he's glaring at me.

"Don't ever leave me alone in here again."

"Why? Did something happen?" I frown; feeling very concerned all of a sudden.

Liam wordlessly hands me a sloppy handwritten note.

"Call me when you get off work. We can put those muscles to good use, baby boy – (xxx)xxx-xxxx"

I fail to contain my giggles as I hand the note back to him. He looks so shaken up that it's impossible to take him seriously.

"So I take it you don't want to be his 'baby boy'?" I snicker.

"Not when I have one of my own," Liam smirks. "And the worst part is it wasn't even a guy. Some chick gave me that and tried to grab my junk." He makes a gagging noise.

"Maybe Zayn secretly wants a threesome," I laugh.

"Well, if there's vagina involved I think we're going to have an issue," he chuckles too.

I smile, shaking my head, and walk away from him, knowing I need to actually do something productive.

I busy myself with restocking shelves. I still don't know what a lot of this stuff is, but it doesn't really bother me. I kind of like my innocence. It makes me feel special, like a unicorn or something. But sometimes my cluelessness is just laughable. Like that day Harry was here and said something about a 'sub'. It makes me feel a little dumb when I'm in situations like that, but whatever.

Harry hasn't been to the shop since then. I don't want to admit it, but I'm kind of disappointed. It excites me to see him, even though it's only happened a few times.

He hasn't contacted me either. I don't know why he would suggest we have lunch and then get my number if he wasn't planning on doing anything about it.

Alice hands me a sticky note with the address of the party on it before I go home. She tells me to be there at nine because then we'll have the whole night to get "totally plastered". I've never had a drink in my life, so I highly doubt that's going to happen.