Chapter 1

It was silent. I could feel the cool breeze go through my hair and giving me goosebumps. I keep on hearing the words that she said.

Jade clean the house.....

Jade go make dinner.....

Jade go and pay the bills for me....

It's all Jade with her! She may be my legal guardian but I don't have to work for her. Yes it's nice to do some chores for someone but this is more like a job that doesn't even pay me.

I looked at the night sky and was admiring how beautiful the sky looked. It's perfect. Father always used to tell me little stories about the vampires and how not all of them are evil that most of them are just born to be one and don't mean any harm. Yes I still Believe in that kind of stuff but only because my dad believed in it also. He believed in me.

"Jade!" Wanda's voice boomed out the window.

"Coming Wanda." I huffed and made my way inside. I walked into the house and saw a huge mess with broken plates and food everywhere.

"What happened in here?" I asked her and she sighed.

"Well mr.puffles was in a mood and decided to trash the place." she turned and looked at her big white cat who was licking the leftovers off the floor. I seriously hate that cat.

"You have to clean this up before morning because we are having guest and I would hate for my guest to see this mess." She turned on her heals and went upstairs to go to bed.

I picked up the broken dishes that were on the floor and threw them away and then cleaned up the food that was all over the floor. I saw a broken piece of glass by the window so I went to go dispose of it when I realized it was a family photo. It had my mom my dad my brother Timothy and me. A memory broken into millions of pieces.

I grabbed the photo out of the broken glass and put it in my jean pocket for safety. I knew that if I left it in my room in plain sight that Wanda will dispose of it just because it means something to me.

I finally finished cleaning and went upstairs to my room. I went straight to bed even though I was still in my regular day clothes. When I felt myself go into slumber I had a nightmare.

It was a nightmare were I was running thorough the forest free as I could be. Laughing and smiling and just being happy I heard whispers that I couldn't quite make out. I stopped in the middle of the forest and I looked around and everything seemed blurry.

I've never felt so alive.