Winterfell: Introduction

Winterfell. That was our destination. The month had been daunting. The Land of the North was cold and barren but had an odd beautiful nature to it. The rest of the party didn't enjoy its uniqueness. They all wanted to be back in King's Landing. I wanted to be here- riding next to my father and my sister.

We were in front of them and Joffrey behind us. The Hound kept behind Joffrey. The Queen's wheelhouse filled the soundless void with noise and I could feel the coarseness of my horse's mane. She was a beauty. Brown with white spots in artful design trailing from her hip to her hindquarters. I loved Nysa. She had been gift from my uncle Tyrion. It was unique from his endless gifts of books to me. She was she my first horse.

There was something to be said about a horse; they knew you. They were part of you. She was said to be stubborn and head-strong as me. I couldn't control her I only rode her with her permission.

"Are we almost there?" I directed at my father. "Soon." He replied. "May be a little more clear, father?" I laughed. "In another mile or so we'll be looking at the castle." He looked at me.

He smiled and had admiration in his eyes. He looked at Cassana there was look of recognition and pain in his eyes. He saw Lyanna Stark. Cassana reminded him of Lyanna. He loved Lyanna Stark long before he married my mother...they were destined to be married once. She was his beloved. The Lady of Winterfell never seemed to leave his mind.

I took my left hand away from the rein and I patted my father's hand. He eased some but I knew every he glance took at Cassana he saw Lyanna.

"Winterfell is one of the oldest or oldest strongholds in westeros, I hear." Cassana chimed in.

"Bran the Builder?" I said looking at her.

"It smells of stale horse shit. You admire this place?" Joffrey asked in an arrogant tone. "It's history, Joff." Cassana replied with a smile.

"It's not worth the King's time nor mine, sister." Joffrey scoffed at her. "Seven hells! Do you ever shut up?" I yelled at him.

He looked baffled.

"You dare!" He countered. "I certainly do dare. You're a annoying ungrateful little shit. I feel bad for the realm." I couldn't hold my tongue.

"You take that back! You can't speak to me like -

"Seven hells! You over there and you there." He both yelled at us.

Joffrey looked at me then at father. He left to find comfort with his Hound. Winterfell wasn't too far away. The castle was built on a hot springs. Cassana reminded me of its history and its infrastructure.

"Beautiful isn't it?" I asked Cassana.

"It's wonderful!" Cassana replied.

"I'll race you!" I told her. "You know you'll win...it's not even fair." She whined and mouth formed into a pout.

"I'll let you win!" I tightened my grip on Nysa's reins and leaned forward.

"Not too far; Ned hasn't seen you since you were two babes." My father yelled out me. "He might think you poachers." He chuckled.

I looked back at him and stopped at a halt.

"Go on then!" He bellowed.

I could feel the northern wind on my skin and in my hair. Tendrils from my hair blinded my vision. I shook my head to fix it. Nysa responded faster speed that I wasn't familiar with.

"Wow!" I said as we reached the gates.

"Liar! You said you would let me win...shame on you Baratheon." Cassana laughed loudly. "Sorry, Cas, there's always next time." My mouth curled up into a smirk.