Chapter Ten: Jealousy

It was nearly night now. Sebastian had already finished dinner, and brought you some food once he had served  Ciel.

He brought you a small vanilla cake with edible roses on the top. "I'm eating dessert for dinner?" you asked.

"Are you complaining?" Sebastian asked, placing a glass of water on the nightstand next to your bed.

"No... I'm just a little confused as to why I'm eating cake before eating real food." you laughed, but that laughter soon turned into a coughing fit.

You felt a hand on your shoulder and looked up to see Sebastian looking down at you, a small bit of concern in his expression.

"I'm- I'm fine. My throats just a little sore, that's all. I haven't been this sick in a while." you muttered, breaking a piece of the cake off with the fork and eating it. "Mmm, this is really good! What is it?"

"Chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream icing, fudge filling, and the roses and caramel." he explained.

"Holy shit, that's amazing. Why are you such a good cook?" you whined, shoving another piece in your mouth.

"Calm down, kitten, you're going to choke." Sebastian chuckled, chastising you.

Before either of you could say another word, Ciel burst into the room, slamming the door behind him.

"Young lord, what's wrong-" Sebastian began, but was quickly cut off.

"That psychotic reaper got into the manor!" Ciel nearly screamed, rushing to Sebastian. 

You looked over and saw Sebastian immediately pale.

"Wait... Do you mean Grell?" you asked, placing what you had left of the cake on the nightstand.

"OH BASSY!~~~" A voice screeched, ringing throughout the whole manner.

"I take that as a yes." you mumbled.

You slowly slipped out of the bed, fixed the skirt of the dress, and walked to the door.

"(Name), what are you doing?" Sebastian asked, quickly grabbing your arm.

"I'm going to greet Grell. It's the courteous thing to do." you replied.

"He's going to hurt you-"

"She."

"... What?"

"Grell is a she. Not a he." you cut him off. You promptly got him off your arm, before walking out of the room.

As you walked through the manor, you brushed some dust off your dress. Luckily, you looked presentable.

'I wonder what Grell will be like...' you thought aimlessly, wandering toward where you had heard Grell's voice come from. 

You turned the corner and spotted a familiar scarlet haired reaper standing in the center of the main hall expectantly.

You hesitantly cleared your throat, and Grell spun around to face you.

"Ooh, and who are you?" she cooed, walking over to to you with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh, a new maid. My name's (Name)." you responded with a smile, feeling kind of awkward at how close Grell was to you. "I heard you calling for Sebastian?"

"Yes, I was looking for my Bassy. Do you know where he is?" Grell asked, tilting her head innocently.

"Um, yes actually, he-"

"How do you know where he is?" Grell quickly interrupted.

"I-I'm sorry, what?" you stammered, caught off guard.

"I said how do you know? Were you doing anything with him?" Grell asked, narrowing her eyes as she approached you.

"N-no, I was just in the s-same room-" you stuttered, your legs going wobbly again as Grell closed in on you.

"Doing what?" Grell hissed, a viscous glint in her eyes and a sadistic grin on her face.

Before she got any closer, you sprinted away.

You dashed through the manor, running as fast as you could to get back to your room, and you hoped Sebastian and Ciel were still though.

It was hard to stay focused when a malicious reaper was tailing you.

~<>~<>~

I am SO sorry for the short chapter. But I'm going to be leaving town for the next few weeks and I wanted to put a new chapter out before I left. If I do update any of my stories while I'm away, it'll probably be shorter chapters like this one, so I'm giving you guys a heads up.

But that's a big if. I might not update at all while I'm gone.

By the way, before anyone complains, Yana Toboso herself has stated that Grell goes by female pronouns and is a pre-operation male-to-female transexual.