2

Original Prompt: @theFanaticOfFandoms

"Please, stop this."

"Why?"

He touches my shoulder intimately. I shudder at his fingers feeling the goosebumps all over my skin. I take in an uneven breath, before slowly exhaling as my eyes avert his gaze.

"Because, I can't do this anymore..."

"You can't be serious. You promised your life to me. You can't just break your promise like that!"

My restraints keep my arms heavy like lead. I can't... feel them anymore. I gulp as another thought in my head pops out. I can't help myself. I'm trapped, and there's nothing that I can do about it.

"I can't believe you this..." Another breath as my eyes finally find the courage to face your glare. "Whatever you're doing, this isn't you."

He then begins to caress my form, and another shudder is released. "Of course it's me..."

An image of the corpse appears in front of me. That girl... covered in blood... lying all over the floor.

"You've just never realized it dear."

More images popped up. The one of my ex, the one of my best friend, my parents looking at me in disdain. I suddenly picture the arms of my beloved, and how warm they used to be, before he turned cold-blooded.

Or are these his true colors?

"I'll give you everything..."

I can hear my breaths shortening as my fingers tremble at his words. The voices tempt me to give in, and my exhaustion... I can't stop myself anymore. I begin shaking immensely.

More and more. Memories are recalled, and then some more. Somehow, I feel as if chaining me here is only his way of pleading, crying for help.

"...if you just... trust me."

I attempt to escape my shackles again only in vain as he kneels down and embraces my trembling form. Tears appear in my eyes, and suddenly, I remember why I'm here in the first place.

This was... what I was supposed to do? I scream in my head. Is this what the Mages sent me to do?

"You're scaring me..." My voice whispers as he attempts to sooth my aching body with his hands. I cry out, the tears not stopping me. It cracks and suddenly I feel power surging within me. There is water nearby. The liar.

"There's nothing to be afraid of, my dear."

Stop calling me that!

"Don't you love me?"

Don't turn my thoughts against me?

"Or was that only a lie that you keep telling me to ease these punishments?"

Shut up! I just want you to shut up!

The water slowly seeps up to my shackled arms and releases them with only a few twists and turns. I forget that he doesn't know much about this, and I smirk in his embrace, by then the power getting to me. Maybe this is why I'm chained?

Perhaps, if the prince hadn't fallen, and perhaps, if I hadn't fallen... then we would never be stuck here in circles, running around getting nowhere.

"Tell me!"

"I-I can't..."

"Why not!"

The conversation only escalates, and the water surrounds us now. I eye it closely as it reaches his feet, and my knees.

"What the hell do you mean? This is total bullshit! You love me, don't you?"

The worst part of it is having to say goodbye.

"Stop this please, just let me go..."

"No!"

"Release me!"

"No!"

"RELEASE ME."

The water starts to harden, and shards of glasslike ice reach him. He slowly removes his grip on me, and falls down to his knees as he leans towards me. He smiles, I can feel it.

"I love you, remember that my sweet."

The words send me screaming in tears. The fallen man drops in my arm. Heart no longer beating, I realize that I am all alone, with another corpse at my feet, the water level only rising further, caressing me in a way that seemingly comforts me. I tremble.

I sob and I sob, my tears worsening the prospect. The water level only continues to rise, ever so slowly, before the waves surround us and crashes down on me. His smile never leaves his face. He haunts me, and he doesn't even realize that he does it.

This is all I can say before the water completely consumes us all. The last thing in my head is a memory, a fond one, of the day where I found the one who brought me flowers and asked me to marry him. Then, a sea of darkness.