Once Lost, Now Found (Gabriel)

"Gabriel. Glad to see you made it out in one piece."

"Vincent. Here's the Nether Quartz you wanted. Do you have my diamond?"

"Yes..."

"You say that like you don't have it."

"Oh, I do. You're just not getting it!"

Those thoughts rang in Gabriel's mind repeatedly as he sulked his way back to the Temple. The Warrior couldn't believe he trusted him...

Honestly, who trusts a guy as thin as paper with a freaking ponytail?!

For someone with a scrawny body, though, he was fast. Gabriel could barely keep up! He tried to outmaneuver Vincent (and possibly corner him) with all the twists and turns. It was obvious to Gabriel that Vincent was only good at running straight, not making sharp turns.

Too bad he's also good at parkour escapes...

"Why must the twisted like Vincent be blessed with agility?"
Gabriel sighed disappointedly to himself. He glanced at his surroundings, only to be greeted by an alleyway that split to the left and right. He was so lost in his dejected thoughts he hadn't been paying attention to where he was going.

"Agh.."
Gabriel grunted to himself as he took the right path. But then--

BONK!

Dang it, he ran into it before I could say anything!

Gabriel stumbled back, dazed. Regaining his stature, he focused on what he ran into, a basket dangling in the air by a rope. He grabbed the basket just before the rope it was tied to snapped. The brown-eyed warrior glanced down into the blanket to see a bundle of (f/c) blankets. He untied the rope from the basket handle, tossing it to the side and accidentally knocking over a few cans.

Waaaaaah!

"GAH!"
Gabriel jumped at the sudden crying. He jerked his head around frantically to see what the sound was. Finally, he turned his attention to the basket. The blankets were shifting. Gabriel parted the blankets, gasping.

A baby with messy (h/c) hair and dirt on her face was crying in the basket, obviously because of the cans clattering before. She gazed up at Gabriel through her tears with shimmering (e/c) eyes, then began to smile when she saw him. You were the baby. Duh.

Gabriel couldn't believe it. Why were you dangling in an alleyway in the middle of the night?

You reached up and touched his beard. He winced, expecting you to grab and pull at it as from his previous encounters with babies. But you didn't. Gabriel relaxed. You yawned sweetly, dozing off to sleep. You looked so precious to him. He couldn't just leave you here.

His mind was made. He was going to keep you.

Gabriel headed down the alleyway. Reality struck when he realized...

"Isn't this where Ivor made that deal with Petra?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'M SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SORRY GUYS! I FELL INTO ANOTHER WRITER'S BLOCK! Don't worry, I'm back, and Magnus is next! PEACE OUT!