Chapter 1: The First Puzzle Piece

Everything is going well for Catherine. She's in college, she's doing a degree and enjoying her life. But at the moment, Catherine's life is a puzzle, yet to be solved. Catherine does have a puzzle piece missing. That puzzle piece is love. She's never been in love. This hollow hole in her heart, that she had felt long ago, has returned. It was not until College when she realised this burning need for affection. So she set out to find her true love. She searched far and wide, she tried to find the one, yet it wasn't as easy as it seems. See, she never found interest in boys. And she couldn't find any boys who liked her.

Yet, Catherine pursued this burning desire, this fatal need for answers to her life, why she had not been happy, why she had never been in love. Yet the only results she received were negative. She told her family, she told her mother, asking for answers to her confused life: "Don't be ridiculous" she had said, "Just wait until you find the right boy".

But Catherine did not want a boy, she didn't want anyone, yet wanted everyone at the same time. She just needed someone to be her crutches, when she could no longer walk, her translator when she couldn't find the words. And if there's no one like that in the world, then she can never possibly love.