1. What Did I Do?

• Dedicated to Whoever is reading.

1. What Did I Do?

"Cavassa Marie Smiths to the office, please! Cavassa Marie Smiths to the office now!" The woman on the intercom said urgently. Not the "You're so in trouble!" kind of urgently but the "I'm sorry to tell you this!" kind of urgently. Snickers in the back of the class erupted as I made my way to the front and out the door. I didn't show it, but I was freaking out. My heart was beating 100 miles an hour and my palms were sweaty. I started to run. Good job, Vassy. Yeah, just run to it. Way to make yourself seem un-wimp-like. My mind told me. I ignored it. When I reached the office desk, the assistant and the principal were in tears.

"W-what's wrong? Did I get an A instead of an A+?" I said, my eyes rimmed with tears.  Mrs. Trudy the assistant shook her head. "Worse than that!" She looked to Mr. Evans the principal for help. 

"Your parents.... your family was in a plane crash this morning on their way to Australia for a job interview." 

I stopped. I didn't move. A few seconds later, I shook my head. "No! No, you're lying! You're lying - you aren't telling the truth!" My boots clicked as I ran out the door and onto the cement. I practically flew to my car. People were honking and swerving as I illegally cut threw different alley ways and streets to get to my home. I parked in the grass when I arrived. 

"Mom, Dad?" I left the door open as I searched the house. A note was on the floor written in fine Sharpie.

Vassy, 

    I'm so sorry - your father got a call from Australia. They offered him a job there. It's not going to take so long, maybe about a week or so to get there. We'll be home in a month. I'll call as soon as possible. 

~Mommy

It's a plane crash, right? It should be on the news. I turned the T.V on. 

"... deadly plane crash, killing all the passengers. People say the Captain was DRUNK! People who passed, Alyshea Carmens, Michael Anders, Marrisa and Carter Smiths...." 

My parents. Dead. My throat swelled up. I dropped to my knees and sobbed furiously. My shoulders shook violently as my head fell into my hands. 

"Freeze! Hands on your...." Dozens of police flew into the house. 

"What did I do?!" I sobbed. "What did I do to deserve this?! 

The police officer picked me up. He turned off the T.V and put me in his car. The next thing I knew we were at a law office with a 11 teenagers and two adults.

I just cried. 

A/N: WHAT DO YOU THINK? vote, comment! i might enter for watty awards, idk. picture to the side is Cavassa BTW in the story she gets called "Vassy" "Vassa" "Cavvy" and sometimes "Marie" cause it's her middle name. person in the picture is zoella from youtube. love her, go watch her videos. subscribe to my channel VassyLove064. vote comment on the story. will be cussing. love you guys.

~Vassyyy