somewhere around the beginning

I watched as the general moved across the dimly lit control room, his long strides sounding off the hollow metal floorboards reminding me of his military status as well as my own. My mind was filled with the eagerness to please him, so much so that I hadn't noticed I was staring at him until he glanced over. His cold glare made my breath ricochet and my back straighten out of habit.

He motioned me over with a slight nod of his head and I immediately made my way next to him.

"General, sir," I stated.

He placed his hand on my back and leaned in closer to tell me something quietly.

"I have a task for you lieutenant. Meet me outside my quarters in four hours. Consider this... a learning opportunity, to help you."

"Yes, sir, General Hux" I breathed. I silently grit my teeth and tried my hardest not to appear as flustered as I was, failing miserably with the bright red blush that had surely been spreading across my face.

I wasn't sure exactly why I was so embarrassed, or rather excited, as I made my way down the corridors and through the doorways leading to the general's quarters. He was ranked higher above me and certainly knew more than me in the ways of leading and anything he had to offer I would be more than honored to recieve.

I shamelessly mulled over the idea of what might be in store for me so late in the evening, waiting behind my superior's door.
Could it be a memoir? Had he been keeping a journal of his journeys? Maybe he wanted to show me a few passages he thought could help me, since he knew I was aiming to climb as far as I could in the ranks.

I continued thinking until I made it to the door I knew to be his. Pausing before pressing the call button in his monitor, I gave it one last thought as to what he might have me do. Either way, I would do it, not just because I wanted to higher my own military status but because it was the general who had asked it of me.

"General, sir," I spoke into the monitor, "Lieutenant Mitaka."

The was a pause at the other end then it spoke, "Right, lieutenant. One moment."

Shortly after his door slid open, revealing the general standing as straight as ever still clothed in his first order uniform, down to the shining black boots.

For the first time, I saw General Armitage Hux smile. I truthfully would not have expected his smile to be as chilling as it was, resembling a snarl with his eyebrows furrowed and his teeth barred. Still, I could only earnestly await what he had brought me here to do.
He stood aside and ushered me in.