Frizzy Tizzy Goes to the Park

written by Wendy Hinbest

illustrated by Christine Elias Hawa

It was a warm summer morning and Frizzy Tizzy woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs. Frizzy Tizzy loved bacon and eggs and could not get downstairs fast enough, but first she really had to use the washroom.

Afterwards, she ran downstairs into the kitchen. "Good morning, Mommy! Good morning, Daddy!"

"Good morning, Frizzy Tizzy, are you hungry?" asked Mommy.

"Yes please! I love bacon and eggs!" Frizzy Tizzy said with a smile. Mommy and Daddy looked at each other and giggled.

"So what do you want to do today, Frizzy Tizzy?" asked Daddy.

"Can we please go to the park?" asked Frizzy Tizzy.

"Sure," Daddy answered. After breakfast, Mommy took Frizzy Tizzy upstairs to get dressed.

Frizzy Tizzy was having a great time at the park. She really enjoyed spending time with Mommy and Daddy. "Daddy, can you please push me on the swing?" asked Frizzy Tizzy.

"Okay, let's go," replied Daddy.

"Weee! This is fun!" shouted Frizzy Tizzy. The more Daddy pushed her on the swing the higher she went. Frizzy Tizzy wanted to go on the slides before they went home. She ran toward the slides and decided she wanted to try going down the bigger slide this time because she always goes down the smaller slide. She saw lots of other kids going down that slide and thought if they can do it so can she. Frizzy Tizzy climbed the stairs to go down the slide, but when she got to the top she was afraid to go down. Frizzy Tizzy felt the ground looked so far from up there.  

"What's wrong, Frizzy Tizzy?" asked Mommy. 

"I'm scared to go down," answered Frizzy Tizzy. She turned around and noticed a little girl standing behind her. 

"Are you going down?" asked the little girl. 

"I want to but I'm scared," said Frizzy Tizzy.  

"Do you want me to go down with you?" asked the little girl. 

"Okay," said Frizzy Tizzy as she took a deep breath. 

"Ready? One, two, three," said the little girl as they went down the slide. Frizzy Tizzy realized it was not as frightening as it looked. In fact, she loved it. 

"That was fun!" said Frizzy Tizzy. I want to go down again!" 

"Me too!" said the little girl. So they both went down the slide again, but this time Frizzy Tizzy went down all by herself. 

"My name is Emma, what's your name?" the little girl asked. 

"My name is Frizzy Tizzy," she replied. 

"Your name is Frizzy Tizzy?" asked Emma surprisingly. 

"Well, my name is Tizzy, but everybody calls me Frizzy Tizzy because of my hair." 

"Oh," said Emma as she nodded her head. "Do you want to be my friend?" she asked. 

"Sure!" answered Frizzy Tizzy. She loved making new friends. The two of them spent the rest of the morning at the park together going down the slides.

This is the first book in the series.  All the books in the series can be purchased at Amazon, Barnes&Noble and Smashwords.