Chapter 9: Interlude Klaus's POV

KPOV

“You sick bastard!”

Stefan quirked his brow at me, a bored expression on his face “Is there something wrong Klaus?” I hissed. Clenching my hands into fist’s the nails of my fingers digging into the palm of my hands breaking the skin “You took his voice! What the hell is wrong with you!?!”.

Stefan sighed, “I had to make sure he wouldn’t tell anyone our plan” the fact that he was using the tone as if he was scolding a small child made me want to punch his teeth in. “Wait a second you took Damon’s voice?” I blinked watching her bounce down the stairs and scurry towards her, funny in all the commotion I forgot she existed.

Stefan nodded; Elena looked surprised her eyes wide as disbelief was sketched across her face before a sickening smile replaced it “cool” if Elijah didn’t grab my arm in that exact moment. I would have ripped her head off her pretty little neck “You didn’t have to do that! He’s your brother, your family! What kind of person would do that to their family!?!” a flicker of something unidentifiable flashed in Stefan’s eyes.

“Correct me if I’m wrong Klaus” he began, eyes scanning me “but you were you when Bonnie had that little of hers right?” He walked towards me. Eyes menacing but I stood my ground glaring at him “The future isn’t set in stone Stefan” he nodded. “I know taking Damon’s voice away ensures that” he had a smug look on his face, and I wanted to smack it off almost instantly “this whole plan of yours was a mistake Damon’s suffered enough we should just call it off”.

Stefan had me on the floor; with his nails digging into my throat in seconds green eyes fueled with rage glowered at me in rage. While fangs threatened to rip out Pharynx “Don’t rest me Klaus” he dug his nails deeper I fought to keep my face emotionless but my fangs were threatening to claw out of my gums, “Lets not forget who has the real power here” I narrow red my eyes.

“You and I both know that Damon’s the only one who can find Mikael your father is the only one who knows where the talisman is”. Of course that’s what it all came down to isn’t that stupid talisman something so tiny and insignificant yet so important to us…no! No it isn’t important to us it was important to him!.

“Is it so important that you would sacrifice your own brother for it?” “In a heart-beat” my eyes widened. Stefan rolled his eyes “oh don’t look so surprised Damon’s nothing but a tool to me” how could he say that!?! Green filled with amusement before annoyance took over “Klaus don’t question me again I’ve put up with this little attitude of yours but now I’m tired of it don’t forget that I have your life in the palm of my hands”.

I bared my fangs, but groaned when he pulled his nails out of my throat and stood he stared at me before turning his attention toward Elijah “be sure to keep your brothers temper in check” with that he turned his back on us eyes and left and I knew instantly that thing walking away was pure evil in human form.