Part 1

The beeping noise coming from his alarm clock is what wakes Phil Lester up at 6:10 in the morning. Phil dreads that little noise that fills his empty bedroom every weekday. All it ever did was remind the boy that he had another long day of school ahead. Something he never looked forward to. It's Wednesday morning, the middle of the week. And as much as Phil doesn't want to, he needs to get out of bed and face the day.

A pale arm reaches out from the mountain of blankets that entraps Phil in his bed, and hits the off button. He sits up and stretches out his arms, yawning as he does so. Phil hops in the tub for a quick shower to start off his day with. Like always, there's some song stuck in his head while he washes himself. Today it's "Oh Ms Believer" by Twenty One Pilots, (One of his favorite bands). After he's done singing his song and has washed all the soap out of his hair, Phil steps out of the shower. The unpleasant feeling of cold tile on his bare feet is enough to fully awaken Phil. He grabs the towel that's hung up next to the door, and wraps it around himself. In the bathroom mirror, Phil sees himself standing there. He can see how the towel is sitting on his body; it covers his entire torso. Most boys wear their towel around their waist, exposing their chest. But Phil isn't like most boys. Phil wears his towel like a girl, because he doesn't have a flat chest that he's proud of and can expose. His chest is more curved then the average male's. And Phil hates it. He hates everything about his body and everything about the way he looks. He absolutely hates it.

Phil sighs and walks out of the bathroom and over to his dresser. He first slips on his binder along with a pair of boxers. Then, comes a pair of black jeans and a loose, lumber-Jack like shirt. And to complete his outfit, are a pair of worn out, black  Adidas that Phil sits down to put on. As he stands up, a sweet aroma suddenly fills the air and reaches Phil's nose. Pancakes. He grabs his things and hurries out of his room and downstairs. Phil loves it when his mom makes breakfast for him before school. Usually she only does this on special occasions, but every now and then, it's a surprise.

"Morning mum," Phil says, taking a seat at the dining table. His mother walked over from the kitchen with a plate of pancakes that were almost as warm as her smile.

"Good morning Sweetie,". His mum sets down the plate of food before her son and gives him a small peck on the forehead."I love that shirt you have on today, Phil," his mom continues, "It really brings out the blue in your eyes,".

Phil thanks his mother for the compliment. Repeatedly, he's been told how beautiful his eyes were, even though he himself never thought that they were that special. Apart from his eyes, his hair was the only thing Phil could actually somewhat stand about his appearance. He felt that the dark black color of his hair contrasted fairly well with the softness of his eyes. Or at least that's what his mother had convinced him to believe. So Phil really doesn't hate everything about his appearance. He just hates a lot of things about it. Hypothetically speaking, If Phil ever found a genie, his one and only wish would be to switch his mind and soul into a different body. How happy Phil would be if could just have a normal body. But this won't happen. It never will. Because genies don't exist and wishes don't come true. That's just a part of life.

"Phil!" his mother interrupted his thoughts, "You better start eating your food before it gets cold."

Phil looks down to see that he hasn't even touched his food yet. It's not that Phil isn't hungry, it's just that he can get so lost in his own thoughts sometimes and end up completely forgetting what's going on in the real world.

Phil eats all of his breakfast before telling his mum goodbye and walking down the driveway to his car, a red Honda CRX that used to belong to his dad. Sure it was an old car, but it still ran just fine. As Phil entered the car, the faint smell of cigarettes surrounded him. Many would find it odd, but Phil liked the smell.