Some quotes

This isn't poetry, but it's some nice quotes from Rebecca Sugar, the Steven Universe creator (If you haven't seen this show, you really need to it's very good);

  "You can't wait until kids have grown up to let them know that queer people exist. There's this idea that that is something that should only be discussed with adults — that is completely wrong. If you wait to tell queer youth that it matters how they feel or that they are even a person, then it's going to be too late!"  

resource: http://moviepilot.com/posts/3954346

  "I think a lot about fairy tales and Disney movies and the way that love is something that's always discussed with children. You're told that you should dream about love, about this fulfilling love that you're going to have. The prince and Snow White aren't someone's parents, they're someone you wanna be. You're sort of dreaming about a future where you will find happiness. Why shouldn't everyone that? I loved Disney movies when I was little, but I didn't really feel like they were me, ever."  

resource: http://moviepilot.com/posts/3954346

"My goal with the show was to really tear down and play with the semiotics of gender in cartoons for children because I think that's a really absurd idea that there would be something radically different about a show for little girls versus a show for little boys. It's exciting to me to play with a lot of that language, because everyone's very familiar with it but it really doesn't make much sense. I used to really enjoy shows that were aggressively targeted to boys when I was a little girl and I know the same can be true the other way around, so why not have something that everybody can watch?"

Source: http://www.themarysue.com/steven-universe-rebecca-sugar/