Chapter One

A scream escapes her lips as she is knocked to the ground, staring into the beaming red eyes of the shadow soul towering over her. Horrified beyond belief, she tries to reach for her sword, that had slid away from her, in an attempt to fend off the monster. Closer, closer, her hand nearly grips her weapon. The shadow soul then grabs her by the throat, lifting her off the ground.

She scrambles, trying to fight against its grip.

"Let go of me, you disgusting creature!"

Making eye contact with the shadow soul, her glare turns into an expression of fear. And everything turns dark in almost an instant, her last breathes a whisper.

"Save me."

*****

"Hey, look, someone's out here!"

"What? You can't be serious!"

"Hurry! She's injured badly! Let's get her into the tree house NOW!"

She feels herself being lifted, and carried elsewhere. Too weak to protest, she allows the strangers to move her to a safer location. After what feels like forever, she gains enough strength to open her eyes, greeted by unfamiliar faces.

Feeling uncomfortable, being the center of attention, she speaks. "Erm, um, hello?" She stutters.

A light haired man speaks up first. "Hi, my name's Levin. I am the Lord of this village." He says with a smile.

"Hello, sir."

"May I ask what your name is?"

"(Y/n). My name is (Y/n)."

He nods. "We had found you in the forrest not too long ago unconscious, and had brought you here."

(Y/b) blinks, recollecting her thoughts. "Ah, yes. I remember that. I am truly grateful, thank you for bringing me here. But where am I?"

"You are in Phoenix Drop. Or, at least what is left of it." Levin's smile drops as he finishes that sentence, but tries to keep his composure.

"Phoenix Drop?" (Y/n) ponders, "I couldn't have travelled that far, could I? What was my objective in the first place?" (Y/n) looks around, making awkward eye-contact with another man in the room. She shrinks into the bed, not sure what else to say.

"Oh! Where are my manners?" Levin chuckles. "This is Dante, my Head Guard." He motions to the man with the blue hair as he introduces him.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Dante, Lord Levin."

There is a moment of awkward silence, before the Lord breaks it.

"Please, feel free to stay until you recover. If you wish to stay in the village or leave, just let myself or Dante know. You are welcome to move in whenever, but we must be made aware if you choose to do so."

"Thank you. I may just take you up on that offer."

Dante then decides to speak. "If you'd like to introduce yourself to the townspeople, go right on ahead," he smiles, "Everyone here is friendly."

"We will leave you to rest--" Levin is then interrupted.

A woman climbs up the ladder and begins to yell. By the looks of it, she is an elf, or fairy.

"Dante! I must speak with you immediately," she pants, "Please follow me!"