Guilt

When the bleeding tree was in view, I felt a certain rush of energy jolt through my legs and determined to reach home as fast as I possibly could. I hit the front door like a hurricane attacking an abandoned city and dashed to the kitchen in search of Mama. "HELP!!!" I breathlessly yelled,..."Please". I saw a figure I knew Oh so well approach me. I recognized those ocean blue eyes and that oddly pale blonde hair. It was Mama jogging to my direction with a confused look plastered all over her face. With arms wide open, she knelt down to my level and embraced me into the warmest hug. " My baby!" she squeaked "I was worried about you" she warmly continued. At those seven words, I felt my eyes well up. My vision became blurry and what seemed to be the globe had clogged up in my throat. I thought about the time Doodle buried the Scarlet Ibis that had fallen out of the Bleeding tree and everyone was amused at his kind heart. What was I going to do?? Although Doodle was born to die, as he proved himself to be a survivor, he became a part of everyone's life. We all knew that Doodles death was bound to come, and simply because of his illness. The thought of his very own brother killing him had never crossed anyone's mind but indeed it did cross my heart when the thunder roared and the rain poured. Right there, I came to my senses. Doodle was next to Old Woman Swamp and lifeless. I was not helping the situation by just keeping quiet and blaming myself. With a deep breath, I blurted out the most tormenting words." Doodle is dead."