Alleigent: My Way

"How long has she been out?" I ask Cara as I go to pick up the hand if the girl that I fell in love with.

"Only a couple hours. But, the doctor says that she should wake up soon," she makes her way to the door. "Oh, and when she does, you need to call the doctor."

"Why?"

"You'll see." And with that she was gone.

I don't go anywhere until Tris wakes up. I don't sleep just in case that she would wake up. Thankfully, like Cara said, she wakes up after a couple of hours.

She groans, "Tobias?"

"Hey," I smile and embrace her, sitting on the bed.

"Am I dead?"

"No," I laugh. "But, I do have to call the doctor." I press one of the buttons on the bed and talk into it. "She has woken up."

"Okay, thank you Mister Eaton. A doctor will be in to check on Miss Prior in a little bit," I smile at Tris and she takes my hand in hers. I rub my thumb over her hand and she gives me a small smile. It's not long until the doctor is in the room and is thrusting needles into her arms and legs. I want to say something about how they are hurting her, but I know that she wouldn't exactly appreciate that from me. So, I just sit there and let her hold and squeeze my hand when she needs to.

In a matter of hours when the doctor is finally done he tells us some news that I never expected to hear.

"Tris is pregnant."