Chapter 1

"You know, instead of calling me you could be sleeping." My best friend tells me and I chuckle lazily.

"That's the problem Dean, you bastard." I hear a gasp on the other end of the phone and I smile like a goofball.

"I'm shocked, Miss Collins," I can just see him clutching his heart, "but that is true, I'm a bastard." He sighs.

"I'm always right." I snicker.

"Can we please end this ridiculous call so I can get some sleep?" Dean whines and some kind a guilt fills me.

"What happen to the whole tag team system?"

"Addison, I'm tired. It's 3:45 in the morning, please try and get some sleep."

"Fine, but call me as soon as you get up." I reason, I hate being a burden to him.

You've been a burden to him your whole life.

Shut up.

"Goodnight you piece of shit."

"Goodnight you bastard." We laugh and hang up.

I really need to learn not to call him when I can't sleep.

He needs to learn not to answer.

Absolutely.

After some deep breaths and using what my mum always says 'think of something nice'- which most of the time is absolute bullshit - I finally drift off into a comfortable sleep. Really comfortable, actually.

I've lived in the Blue Mountains for a little over a month now. I used to live in Sydney, well I haven't lived there my whole life, I've lived there since I graduated high school. As soon as I got the chance I moved out without even caring.

Moving back wasn't easy, but as time has gone on I have become more comfortable with my surroundings.

My best friend Dean has lived in the Blue Mountains his whole life. We kept in touch when I was in Sydney doing our usual Skype session and midnight phone calls, our friendship never seemed to fade.

I groan as the alarm on my bedside table goes berserk. After turning it off, I adjust myself so I'm sitting up in my bed.

I've been living back with my parents and I've only just gotten used to my surroundings.

I wouldn't say I live on a massive property, but we have a good acre of land. My parents house isn't the average size you could say. It's quite big for a one story house; fitted with five bedrooms, four bathrooms, three living rooms, two laundries, two kitchens and a lot more. I used to call them the filthy rich bastards...

I guess I got the good end of the deal because my room isn't connected to the main house, you could call it a granny flat. I like to call it 'The Fish Bowl' mainly because it has windows spread across three of the four walls in here, not much privacy but that's why I installed blinds about a week ago. Its decorated exactly how I want it, with ivory walls, mint green sheets, light brown furniture, one door straight through my small en suite and walk in wardrobe and the other about a metre or two away from my bed.

After getting myself out of bed I climb up the two steps that lead to the en suite/walk in wardrobe and take a quick shower.

After finishing getting dressed and applying light makeup, I head out of my room and lightly jog to the house feeling the misty rain glisten on my exposed skin. It's been raining for two days nonstop, it's times like these where I miss living near a beach.

"Addison, watch out!"

Before I could process what was just said, well yelled, a soccer ball hit the side of my head.