One; mystery

Alone i sit in my room, why do you ask? You see mother and father don't want me to leave home and talk to people, they fear the world of finding me even though I'm not quite sure why it matters. I've been held up in this house my whole life, I'm even homeschooled well always have been. Unlike other teenagers i don't have a phone or friends so i sit and read but recently i started writing, this is my story, but warning it is anything but normal. Shall we start?

I was in my room the day before my 18th birthday, a day my parents feared highly, yet i still don't know why. I was at home alone while they were at work as part of the daily schedule. I heard a knock on the door downstairs, so i went to check up on it. I peeped through the eye hole to see a tall box with my name on it, 'Rosemary Mavis June'. A name chosen by my grandmother.

I was so surprised so i quickly got it and locked the front door dragging the box carefully up the stairs to my room and locking my door. I'm quite excited i have never been mailed anything or that anyone knew that i well existed. So as i quietly open the box i see that its covered in a bubble blanket, interesting. Well i wander what its protecting.

The wrap was not at quite, so i grabbed scissors and cut it off to reveal a sheer shiny fabric covering a flat item. I uncovered it gently not to ruin the fabric, it was a mirror.. Its quite beautiful actually. The mirror was shiny and clean with the most beautiful rim design, even white lace like traces on the glass connecting to the beautiful steal ex stirrer.

I heard mother call my name, so at that moment i slid everything under my bed to hide it from mother so she didn't freak out, father too. I opened my door wide and went to her need, "Can you please fix my scarf while i cook dinner dear?" she asked ever so politely. I nodded and took the scarf to my room.