Origins

"Vivian, Alisa is here to play with you!" Dr. Karen yelled to me from downstairs. 

 "OK Miss be down in a minute!" I yelled down to her. I put on a purple and black dress, knee high socks that matched the dress, and black flats and ran down the stairs. It was the only outfit I could wear.

 As soon as I hit the last step, I was greeted by a girl in a pink and white outfit that was similar to mine and white robed Dr. Karen. 

 "Sleep well, Vivian?" Dr. Karen said handing me a plate of waffles and apple juice. 

 "Yes Miss thank you," I said walking to the round table as Alisa followed.

 Alisa was a 7 year old like me. She wore her strait red hair down having it hang to her waist. She watched me with her large blue eyes as i ate my breakfast. She was the only thing that brought me joy in the asylum. I was placed here after Mommy and Daddy passed. The doctors said the boogeyman got them but, that's not what I saw.

 Ever since that day I try to look like Mommy wearing my black hair in a long ponytail with a side bang that covers the left on my face. I also wear pretty makeup that Dr. Karen  helps with. I like her too!

 After finishing breakfast I asked Alisa, "What do you want to do today?"

 "The nurse gave me crayons and paper and said we should color pretty pictures for...him," she replied. 

 I nodded slowly and took the paper she handed to me. As we laid down Dr. Karen came up to us. 

 "What are you two sweeties drawing?" she questioned. Alisa held up her paper showing the kind nurse a picture of a fox. That was her favorite animal in the whole entire world!

 "How pretty! And you Vivian?" she said shifting her gaze to me.

 I hesitated and looked down. Pulling the paper from under me I lifted it showing a picture of Mommy and Daddy. They were lying in a pool of blood while a shadow figure toward over them.

 I expected a horrified expression on her face but she just smiled wider and said,"That's very detailed and creative keep it up!" She walked away after that to talk to Caleb.

 "Dr.Karen is the best mother ever huh?" Alisa said in her cheery voice.

 "Yeah I love her so much!" I said my eyes starting to tear.

 "Are you OK, Vivian? Don't cry!"

"Yeah, I'm fine thank you," I said wiping my face.

I looked down at my picture. The colors blurred together creating a new one. The shadow turned into Mommy and Daddy ghosts and the bodies  turned into Dr. Karen, Alisa, and me. We were not dead though. We sat up ,knifes in hand, with wide grins on our faces. I looked away quickly. These visions were gonna be the death of me!

 As soon as Dr. Karen finished putting me to bed she kissed me and walked out the room. She left the door cracked and went to talk to ...him.

 "How is the patient doing nurse?" he said.

 "Good but the trauma is getting worse and she is having more gory visions," she replied.

 "I see, she starts her new prescription tomorrow. We'll see what happens then."

 "Are you sure? All the previous prescriptions just made it worse. Plus she is only 7. Should we really giv-"

 Her sentence was cut short as He hit her. "ARE YOU QUESTIONING MY DECISIONS?!" He shouted at her.

"N-No sir," she said her voice cracking. I hated him. He was one of the things that made the asylum miserable. One day I would make him pay for all he did to Dr. Karen.