Chapter 2

"What's wrong An?" Marcus asks me.

I just shake my head and run to the pool, grabbing my iPod and headphones as I go. He follows me, and sees the scars and burns on my legs and back. He catches up to me, and hugs me from behind. His girlfriend and her sister, Raimona, my next door neighbors, looks out of Raimona's bedroom window, and Marcus doesn't notice, but I do. I struggle to make him let go of me, pretending to be weak and defenseless because that's how I was before I left for Japan. He doesn't let go, just holds me tight, so I start crying. I know that Raimona will come over, because she can't stand to see innocent girls get corrupted, and that's what it looks like Marcus is doing. As presumed, she comes over, and starts yelling at him, angry that the guy her sister loves is hurting her friend.

"What the fuck Marc?!? Can't you see that you're hurting her?!?! Fuck! And I thought you were a good guy!!" Raimona yells at him.

"We're over, Marcus!" his girlfriend, Delphia, yells at him, bringing the attention of our parents to us.

"What the hell is going on here?!" my father yells. I run to him, crying. "Marcus, you hurt my daughter, what is the meaning of this?"

"Sir, I didn't mean to hurt her, she ran out of the room crying, so I simply did what I used to do, and went after her."

"Andrea? Is this true?" father asks me. I nod slightly, ashamed. Father tells me I have to stop acting childish about people touching me. Marcus looks at me, silently asking what's going on. I use sign language to ask father for some time alone with Marcus, and he agrees. Father then goes to his den with Rob, and Sakura goes home when I ask her to,again using sign language. Marcus tilts his head, silently questioning my actions. I take his wrist and lead him to the one place I will speak to anyone, my library.

"What's going on? Why can't you speak anymore?" Marcus asks me.

"It's not that I can't, I just don't trust people much, well, at all since I was in Japan," I explain. "About a week after I got there, I not only found out that my brother was there, but that he was attending the school I had to go to, and that he was forbidden to see maman, and that his father was the chairman of the school we were in."

"You have a brother?" Marcus asks, surprised.

"Well, half brother really, but yes, I do. Anyways, about a month after that, I got kidnapped, tortured, then raped, and the three weeks when the Haninozuka head and cohorts were torturing me were by far the worst days of my life."

"What did they do to you that made you so scared that you didn't speak, and can't handle physical contact?" he asks me.

"I can't tell you that yet. I can, however, tell you that those three weeks, they were using needles to inject different substances in my body. You also betrayed me, Marcus. You promised to never love anyone but me, and now I know that you don't love me."

"Of course I love you. I was never really in love with anyone else, I just needed to do something until you came back. You can't possibly imagine how happy I am to marry you in four months." Marcus says, leaning over to kiss me. I pull away, still not liking physical contact. He frowns, but sighs and accepts my rejection. Rob comes in, telling Marcus it's time to go. I start feeling sick, and coughing really bad as they leave the room. Marcus runs back to me, clearly concerned.

"Get my father and Raimona." I say while coughing.

"Roger." he says and runs off.

I make my way to the bathroom across the hall, and lock myself in, throwing up lots of colorful liquids. Father knocks on the door politely and I don't answer, but when Raimona gets to the bathroom, she kicks the door open, and immediately calls Mistukuni and Kyoya. After she finishes talking to them, she makes Rob and Marcus go home.

"I'm not leaving her side until she gets better, Rai." Marcus says, resisting her forceful arm that's trying to push them out. Rob goes to his car,and waits for Marcus.

"Marcus, I'm not going to get better for a while, you need to carry on with your life for now, ok?" I say, having stopped throwing up for a bit. He argues with me, but I give him a look that makes him leave.

"Fine, but I'm coming to visit every day, I don't care what you say about it." he says as he goes to his father.

My father then leaves the room, and I'm alone with Raimona. My phone rings, and Rai answers for me, since I'm too sick to answer it myself. She talks to Kyoya for a few minutes before hanging up and going downstairs. She comes back a minute later, holding the water jug and a glass. She explains that Kyo-chan said water will help to flush out the poisons, and that I need lots of rest. Two days pass, and I wait patiently for this sick time to pass, always hoping that Kyo-chan and Honey will show up. I wake up on the third day, to find Kyoya and Honey sitting in chairs beside my bed.

"Hey sleeping beauty." Kyoya says, as he hands me super expensive water.