Prologue

"Arida!" Jacqueline shouts from across the courtyard of Hillside Community College. Her dark brown hair flying as she runs up to her best friend, completely out of breath. Arida smiles but, rolls her eyes.

"Jackie," she scolds "do you always have to be so loud?"

Jackie rolls her eyes. "Why do you always wear boots, do you own a pair of tennis shoes?" Arida rolls her eyes again. It's always like this. Jackie is loud and trombone like and Arida is quite and intelligent. The pair are polar opposites, but the best of friends.

"So, why did you decide to let everyone on campus know my name?" Arida asks, adjusting her backpack straps on her shoulders, moving her red curls out of the way. "You could have walked up to me and said hey Arida, and not yell." Arida shrugs her shoulders.

Jackie smiles. "Remember that guy I was telling you about?" Jackie squeals. Arida nods and rolls her eyes.

"How can I forget, Jackie?" Arida walks towards the cafeteria. "You never shut up about him."

A dreamy looks takes over Jackie's face. "I can't shut up about him, because he's so dreamy." Arida laughs.

'Why can't my best friend understand that not everyone cares about her love life?' Arida wonders to herself, while Jackie rambles on about this guy.

"Has he even asked you out yet?" Arida chides, standing in the long cafeteria line. Ever since Jackie had called Arida about this boy, it has been nonstop. “And you never told me his name either, or showed me a picture. All I have heard is how hot, how dreamy and how amazing he is.”

Jackie sighs. “Bay, his name is Bay.”