8

Even if we can't find heaven, I'm gonna stand by you! Even if we can't find heaven! I'll walk through Hell with you!

Aleysa stared at the note in her hands. She felt like she knew what Dan had wrote originally. Was he really in love with her again? She knew for a fact she still loved him. She knows that when you love someone as much as they loved each other, then there's always gonna be that special connection and feeling towards one another.

She began to think back to when she met Dan. He and Phil went to the bar, she was thinking about quitting that job until he walked in.

They were playing Superhero by Cher Lloyd, she recalls, when Dan approached the bar and sat down with Phil. Phil ordered a coke and Dan ordered a beer. She remembers seeing Dan and thinking about how cute he was.

Holy fuck that customer is cute, Aleysa thought to herself as she walked over to him and his friend with their drinks. She was so busy admiring his good looks that she tripped over her own two feet, falling to the floor and the drinks splashing everywhere. She had beer and coke all in her hair and soaking her clothes. When she got up, she was more than embarrassed to see that she had spilled coke all over the brown haired cute customer.

She panicked as she pulled the rag out from her apron as she watched him wipe his eyes. "I am so sorry!" She cried out, trying to wipe the coke off his shirt. She felt like an idiot when she looked up to find he was staring at her like she was completely mental.

 She felt like an idiot when she looked up to find he was staring at her like she was completely mental

"I.. I'm sorry." She repeated, backing away from him.

"It's fine." He finally spoke, sounding frustrated as he ringed out the bottom of his shirt. "Here, I'll get you a new drink! On me." She tried to make it better, but he held up a hand to tell her it was okay.

"Just.. Be careful next time." He told her, looking up at her and grinning.

The dark haired boy got up, "Well, thanks for the drinks! We'll definitely come back!" He placed money down on the bar, then walked out with the brunette.

Aleysa ran towards the door, opening it and looking out into the crowd in London for the boy. She noticed him instantly thanks to his height, and called out, "I'm truly sorry! I'll buy you a new shirt!"

He kept walking, but acknowledged her by turning and smiling at her. That was the last she saw of him for a month or so. Dan was the only reason she kept that job...

She didn't even realize she was crying until a tear fell on her pillow. She quickly wiped her tears and sniffled as she looked over at Julian sleeping beside her. She looked in the mirror across the room, staring at the black eye that she covered up with makeup that day.

She looked away, turned off the light, and stared at the back of Julian's head, trying to imagine Dan's instead.