One Last Chance

(Delilah's P.O.V.)

"I thought you'd love it here." 

"I do." 

"That's not what it looks like."  Fay replied, but continued reading her book. 

We lied on our beach towels again and talked, that was what we would always do in the evenings. Not in bikinis anymore, of course, but in clothes you'd wear during Germany's spring. 

"Listen, I'm just a bit distracted. There's something I need to get done."  I told her in an attempt not to lie through my teeth. 

"Okay, and you're not going to tell me what this is?"

"No." 

"Hm... Well, it's a pretty drawing, by the way."  

I gasped and flinched. That jolt was profound, where did she find out about the drawing? 

"What - What drawing?"

"You know, lying and hiding are not your strengths, honestly."   Fay commented closing her book and giving me a knowing look.

"So, who is he?" 

"I have no idea what you're talking about." 

"Mr. Adonis from your sketch says another thing." 

"Where did you find it? Were you spying on me?"  I accused her.

"Chill out. Mum found it between your clothes while putting them into the washer. Knowing I was as talented as a bush, she only assumed it was yours and told me to put it into your room. That's all." 

"And - And then?" 

"Nothing, I supposed that someone might've given it to you, but who would give you a drawing of himself as a present? That's snobby and arrogant, even with my standards. Consequently, it must've been your doing, after all, the page was ripped out of your note book. Who else writes on blue paper?" 

After vainly trying to come with a good story, I gave it up. Her arguments were significant, and she could easily tell if I was lying or not. It was only appropriate to give her what small information I had.

"I dreamt of him, I don't know who he is." 

"Well, hot he is. I wish I'd dream of guys like him." 

"Ha."  I scoffed. "Believe me, you don't want to be in my place." 

"So hard? Then there has to be more. Since when are you the next Pablo Picasso, anyway?" 

"I told you, I have no idea. I just did it. And I'm really tired of having to explain to people, I wish you'd all just leave me alone."   I sighed and curled up my legs against my chest. It was already after dawn.

"Alone? It's okay, really. If you need me, I'm home."  

With that last sentence, she packed up her belongings and walked off. I didn't want to hurt her like I hurt Dolly, but I just couldn't focus on all this and be my happy and energetic self at the same time.

The sea was restless, but that was considered normal for that time.

As my mind drifted back to the unknown man, to Assan, I furrowed my eyebrows at the nerving sound of a group of guys walking by. They were brawling, obviously drunk. Who was drunk just on 9 p.m.? 

True, it had become dark, but still. I found people like those just pathetic. Unfortunately, they decided to make their own little 'camp' only about twenty metres away from me. 

There weren't many people except for us, maybe a few kissing couples in the distance, but other than that I (respectively we) were alone.  I was getting uneasy and decided to leave as well, as unsuspiciously and silently as possible.