On My Way

An empty room is sad. The exactly same thought Beatrix had in head in that morning. She was't the sociable girl who spends time outside with friends. If her room had ears, it would know more that any of her friends or family members. And still she was kind of scared to leave her school, life and everything she has here and move to England. 

Beatrix was walking through her bedroom and she was thinking about her life. Was it even worth to be afraid of leaving something like her life? Definitely not. She had already packed her bags, but next to her door was the last box of books that she decided to leave at home. On the top of it was small picture. It was more like a collage and it was a collage of the people who she wants to meet in her life. Philosophers, journalists, actors, singers...Beatrix smiled upon this small piece of the dreams inside her head. She had made it a long time ago, but it was still the same. She put the little thing in a pocket.

"Look at that good-looking, smart and young woman who is going to England. I'm starting to be a bit jealous," someone said. Beatrix looked up. Who else it could be.

"Julia!" she shouted and ran into sister's arms. "What are you doing here? You were supposed to arrive on Tuesday."

"Well, that's right, but if I hadn't arrived earlier, I wouldn't see my little sister for a long time," she said and smiled. Beatrix smiled back even when she knew that it was mother who called Julia. She didn't mention it. She didn't want to destroy this moment. "Mum sends you something from downstairs. She said that you don't want to go for it," Julia said and gave to Beatrix a small box.

Beatrix looked at it. She knew exactly what's inside. White dress, the same that Julia and their mother wore when they arrived to Queen's College. Beatrix came to the window and she sat on the ledge. "I said her no, twice. I am not going to London in this dress."

"Beatrix don't complicate it. Please, not today. It's tradition" Julia said even when she knew it's nonsense. She came to her and patted her cheek.

"It's not about tradition. It's every time I say no, she finds a way how to make me do what she wants. Ok, I'm her daughter, but I refuse to be her puppet! I'll talk to her." Beatrix said and she got really angry. She tried to leave the room, but Julia pulled her back.

"Honey, you can't argue with her whole life. You said it on your own. It doesn't make any sense to say her no."

Beatrix knew it's true. She looked at the door, at her sister and she realised it. "You're right, I'm sorry." she said calmly. "It's just...Take care of her, Julia, please." Beatrix loved her mother. She didn't want to leave her, but sometimes it is hard to love somebody who constantly wants to control your life.

"When did you start to be so mature?" Julia said and came closer to her sister.

Beatrix laughed: "I didn't Julia. That's why you are sending me to London, isn't it?"

"Damn right! Come on. You have to go to the airport."

                                                                                      **********

The flights can be a little bit exhausting. George fell asleep immediately after take-off. Jon sat next to him and he was watching him sleeping. George's head was put on Jon's shoulder. Mikey and Roy sat on the opposite site of the table, but they had something else to do than watching their friends.

"Oh my God, look at her!" Roy said quitely to Mikey and standed up.

Mikey laughed: "It's not fair, I saw her first." And he pushed Roy back to seat.

"You are not enough for that air-hostess." Roy said.

"And that's exactly your problem Roy. You see the hostess, I see the hotest." Mikey said and he came to that blonde girl. Mikey was charming, something on him was really impresive. At least the air-hostess seemed interested.

"Hello guys," George just woke up and he faced up his cutest smile when he looked at Jon. Sometimes conversation between Culture Club members could seems a bit dull, but that could never happen when George is in.

"Man, we really should do these gigs all the time. I love the audience. People really love our music. They were so nice to us. Everybody that we had met was wonderful." George said.

"No, they love me." said Roy and he tried to provocate George. Roy threw his pillow to George.

"Guys, calm down. We are almost at the airport." Jon said. To the end of the flight they were talking about the gig.