Another Day, I'm Back at School

A/N: Just realized it kinda changes to Adrien's point of view after the first five lines. Well...I kinda wanted Marinette to get a say in it, so it couldn't all be about that beautiful green-eyed boy. 

 "Another Day, I'm Back in School"

"Another day, I'm back in school," Marinette sighed, dropping her bag next to her seat as she plopped down next to Alya.

"Yeah, we all suffer here. But at least you're sitting behind Adrien..." Alya trailed off, a suggestive tone entering her voice.

Marinette instantly hissed a warning at her best friend. "Alya, shhh." She put a finger over her lips. "If you don't keep quiet, the whole school will know!"

"Know what?" Nino, the girls' good friend, turned around, an inquisitive look on his face.

Being his best friend, Adrien felt obliged to turn towards the girls too. Marinette instantly flushed an interesting shade of pink.

She really doesn't like me...I thought, watching Marinette turn bright red and start to stammer. For some reason, she is always that way around me; at least, almost always. I don't know why she's so nervous around me – it's not as if we're even that close as friends.

"Nothing," Alya's voice quickly broke through my thoughts.

"Ye-yep, no...nothing." Marinette agreed, nodding. She met my eyes for a moment, green reflected in blue.

Instantly turning a darker shade of red, she turned away.

Did it matter whether or not she looked at me? Probably not, but I still hated it. Was I really that scary that she couldn't actually look at me? She had seemed to have forgotten that she had teamed up with me during school projects, a video game tournament, and even hung out with me, Alya, and Nino all the time, whenever she looked at me. She seemed to have forgotten all about her Ladybug song, too, until I brought it up.

"How's your song coming, Marinette?" I questioned, green eyes staying completely focused on her own blue irises, just to see how she would react.

A faint strip of pink tinged her cheeks instantly, but other than that, she hadn't fled the room yet. Everyone else had, leaving her as she cleaned up her schoolwork, stuffing it into the bright pink bag she constantly carried around. And I stayed behind, just to ask her about the song that I was failing at writing.

"Um...It's not really coming." She started, looking down, and shyly rubbing the back of her head in a self-conscious gesture. "I just wrote it from Ladybug's perspective about her normal life...she's got to have an alter ego, right?" Her smile was almost too wide, exposing her uncertainty about the situation – and I knew how to recognize a false smile when I saw one.

But at the moment, her grin wasn't the thing distracting me. It was the fact that Marinette was acting unnaturally calm around me. Normally, she was jumpy, and could barely string a sentence together. I'm not so oblivious that I haven't noticed that. She's even used a bench to hide from me before. I'm not sure what to think, especially since I'm pretty sure she's never really liked me. Back when we first met, she thought I was playing a mean prank on her, and even though I explained it, she's never seemed to have settled down around me. Maybe it's the famous model thing...

Yet, today she was normal, other than the nervousness that I could attribute to writing a song that was guaranteed to be a new hit, simply because it was about two famed Parisian heroes.