Chapter 1

I hug my knees close to my body and hope for warmth. I let out a shaky breath just to breathe in the sharp cold air.
"Beast hurry up!" I yell from the other side of the tent. "Others need to use the Loom as well!" After that, Beast came out and looked down at me. I pushed my glasses up higher trying to hide my real eyes.

After using the loom, I walk over to my tent and get ready for the performance. I pulled on my green dress that stops at my knees and pull my black cloak over it. Pushing my glasses up high, and pushing my long brown hair to one side, I walk out only to run into someone's chest.
"Oi, Ivy ye need to watch where ye goin'" joker said. I look up at him and smile.

"Sorry joker," I say.
"It's okay lil' Ivy," he smirks mocking my height. I step back and glare at him. He reaches down and pulled off my glasses and watches my eyes change colors.

"Not funny Joker," I hiss dangerously knowing my eyes turned yellow to red. He laughs a little before pushing me into my tent.

"Has ye forgotten how to have fun?" He asks setting my glasses down on my trunk.

"No," I blush going for my glasses that made me look somewhat normal. Joker grabs my hand. "Joker, we have a performance soon," I say in a stern tone. Joker pokes my sides. I Yelp. "No," I say trying to sound stern. He pokes me again in the sides. "No Joker," I say giggling. He pushes me on my bed and straddles me before tickling me. I let out a squeak and starts laughing while begging him to stop.

"There ye go," joker says stoping momentarily. I open my eyes to look into his. "Your eyes," he says touching my cheek. " they turn light purple when you are happy," he says. "And they fit your smile perfectly," he says and leans down and kisses me. I melt into the kiss only to hear a throat being cleared behind us. I look up and see Beast, doll, and dagger behind us. I blush and push Joker off making him fall off the bed.

"Well if you two are done making baby's," dagger says " then we could use your help setting up for tonight." Beast glares at me in envy I knew she liked Joker but I don't like her so why should I care. She never liked me so I stopped trying.

Joker pulls himself off the ground and looks at me. I quickly grab my glasses and put them on. He pats me on the head and pecks my lips before walking out. I sigh and adjust my outfit then go to meet everyone in the tent.

~time skip to performance~
"Welcome ladies, gents, boys and girls, to Noah's Arc circus!" Joker says and the crowd goes in an uproar.

After almost twenty minutes of the same acts I've seen daily, I was finally up. "Next, we have our lovely flower of the circus, Ivy," Joker announced. I walk calmly into the center of the ring and give a small now to the audience to go to a whisper. I pull a bow and arrow out of my cape and shoot it into the crowd and hit a target on the back beam of the tent. Gasps were heard then an uproar of excitement. After three other shots, I whistle, letting dagger know it's his que. he throws three knives into the air and I pull out three arrows, hitting all the knives into small targets inside the ring. Next he there them right at me and I deflected them with my arrows. For my final act, I lite my arrow on fire and shot it thew a ring, igniting it as Betty jumped through letting me know I was done. I gave a small bow before leaving and Beast taking the stand.

After the show we packed up for Paris like normal. I was placing Crates in the carts when a hand found its way around my waist. I shivered slightly but a small sent hit my nose letting me know it was Joker. I relaxed to his touch and he laughed.
"Did ye tell who I was," he asked
"I could smell your colon," I said turning to him. He laughed and kissed me.
"Come with me," he said and I did. He lead me to his tent, as we entered, I heard a small hiss. I turned around to see one of snakes snakes. I believe she was Emily. I kneeled down and pulled my glasses down looking at the serpent. Emily was worried about you. She said to me in her native tongue.

"Oh Emily," I giggled. I look around looking for her owner. " where is snake?" I ask her.

"He is in the tent." She says giving a small hiss. "Do you like Joker?" She asks. I sigh.

"Yes I do." I say," I have sense we were kids in the ally. " I feel a hand on my shoulders and I stand up to look Joker in the eye. Well somewhat.

"Ye talkin' to Wordsworth?" He asked. I laughed a little as Emily hissed. She took off probably to tell snake.

"Yes sorry so what do you need to show me?" I ask. Joker takes my hand and leads me into his tent. The pictures of all of us at the workhouse makes my heart sink. Father always acted nice but I think he's crazy. He's obsessed with one child. Joker walks over to me with a small box in his hands.

"Do ye remember this?" He asks pulling a small golden heart neckless out.

" I do," I said looking at him ," I gave it to you to sell so we cloud get bread. But why do you still have it?" I questioned him.

"I couldn't sell it, for one it's fake," he laughed. " and it reminds my so much of ye that I couldn't." My eyes widened at his reasoning.

"Joker," I said taking his hand.

"I thought ye'd  like it back. Maybe give it to your family once ye wed. " I sighed taking the neckless from him and placing it around his neck.

" I don't need to wait till I'm wed," I say placing it down around his neck. " I have a family here no matter what happens," I say. He laughs at me and pulls me in for a kiss.

----
Okay that it thanks