One of them

I slowly passed through the room. I saw some people, they motioned for me to join them. I walked over.
"Emma?"
It was Mikayla, She was one of the 'populars'. Normally I sat alone. I was an outcast. Nobody wanted to sit with me.
"Yeah.."
"Do you want to sit with us?" She asked. Thoughts raced through my head, why would anybody want to hang out with me?
"Sure." I stuttered
"Awesome." She grinned. She scooted over and I set my lunch tray down. Everybody stared at me. I started eating. Mikayla of course had a boyfriend. His name was Aaron, he was captain on the football team. Mikayla had three best friends that worshiped her and followed her around everywhere. Their names were Rose, Haley, and Rachel.Milayla was sitting in Aaron's lap as he fed her pretzels.
"Soo Emma, interested in any guys?"
I froze should I tell her? What would happen? What if he find out? I take a big gulp.
"Well, Jacob is pretty cute" I mumbled
"Oh my god! Jacob who?" Mikayla shrieked.
"Jacob Henley," I sighed.
"Damn girl! He's fine" mikayla laughed. Her posse all laughed in unison with her.
"Hey!" Aaron chuckled kissing mikayla's cheek.
"Hey Emma, do you want to come over tonight?" Mikayla giggled. I've heard so many rumors about her house. I heard it's a huge mansion with a huge indoor pool and lots of bedrooms. She has big parties every weekend. Why is she talking to me? Why does she randomly like me now? Mikalya looked at me and raised an eyebrow.
"Yeah, ok." I smiled. I tried not to act excited but it was hard to conceal my emotions.
"Ok great!" Mikayla smirked. She grabbed a napkin and wrote down the address. How about you come at 6? We can order pizza.
"Sounds good." I tried to say calmly. That's all I could think about the rest of the day. What was I going to wear? What if I slip up?
When I got home I raced in and dropped my backpack in the recliner and hopped onto the couch.
"Hi daddy!" I smiled. He looked up and grinned
"Hey baby girl!" He smiled.
"Daddy can I go to a friends house tonight?" I asked sweetly. My dad set his book face down on the coffee table.
"Who's house?" He asked.
"Mikayla. You don't know her but she's nice plus her parents are ordering pizza"
"I suppose you can go." He said after a second.
"Just be home by 10." He said sternly.
"Oh of course daddy, thank you so much!"
I had no clue what I was going to wear. I slid open all the drawers in my dresser. Mikayla's typical attire was very different than the clothes I had. My family doesn't have much money, most of my closet consists of old t-shirts and ripped up jeans. I pawed through the shirt drawers until everything was out.i found some decent pieces. I got a blue t-shirt and some jeans.I put on my plain black flip flops. I thought I looked okay but I obviously am not Mikayla friend material. I applied some Chapstick. I looked in the mirror and sighed. I really wish I was pretty! I want to be one of them. I look like what I am a cheap piece of crap! I was so scared. I came down the stairs and sat next to my dad. Everybody these days wears makeup, has iPhones, has tons of friends, nice cars and money. What's going to happen tonight. Then I realized this might be my opportunity to be one of the cool people! Maybe daddy would let me wear makeup because my friends do, maybe mikayla's dad could help find daddy a better job, maybe milayla would actually be a nice person. I shouldn't let the stereotypes effect
me! She's probably really nice person. I mean it's a Tuesday night it's not like she's having a party. Maybe her parties are fun! I haven't been to a party since we moved to Florida seven months ago. I really missed my friends back in Wisconsin! Especially my best friend jane. Maybe milayla will fill the gap jane left. Maybe I will become one of them.