Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Bzz Bzz Bzz

God Damn.

I groan and sit up apart from the annoying alarm I can hear Tate already on the piano outside. I get up and walk in to the lounge, ruffling my brothers hair as I walk past him into the kitchen. I see my bowl and cereal already waiting for me on the bench, wow, he must be in a good mood. “Tate” I call, he comes in “good, you’ve got your uniform on, here is your morning tea and some money for lunch, don’t just by chocolate” I say as I hand him a brown paper bag with everything he needs in it. “I’ll be ready in a minute and then we can drop you off okay?” he nods and then goes back into the lounge room, I know when he sits down because I hear the piano start up again. I quickly gobble down my breakfast and then go back into my room to grab what I need to wear for work today, some gray business slacks and a white white button up blouse, I drop a blazer into my bag in case it gets cold. As soon as I have brushed my teeth and slung my hair up into a pony tail I race out into the hall and grab the bike, wheeling it into the lounge near the front door “come on Tate, let’s go” when we get out onto the street I jump on the front seat and Tate jumps onto the back, we were lucky we got this bike actually, it was going cheap at a garage sail and so I picked it up thinking that it would be the perfect way to deliver Tate to school. As we peddled down the street we passed all the usual places and waved to all the usual people. Tate was well liked around this area and most of the people knew his face. Which was good, it meant I could rely on people to help him out if ever an occasion arose and I wasn’t around to help. When we arrived at the school Tate gave me a quick hug and the ran off with a few of his friends, I watched him like a creep for a while as he mingled with the other kids and then cycled off, it always astounded me how he could communicate so much without using a single word, and then there was me who used an unlimited amount and was only just understood. No doubt about it, my brother got all the good genes apart from his muteness, which even these days he seemed to work to his advantage. I arrived at work to a ticked off looking Kara who was waiting out the front. “Are you insane?” she yell/whispered “Did you look at the number on that paycheck? She has been waiting for you for ten minutes, and thats twenty minutes too long I would think! Get in there!” 

I hurried in to my office and sat down. This was going to be interesting.

“Okay the first thing your going to need to seduce Harry is the look, pretty simple right? If you look like someone he might fall for your halfway there- he is just that conceited.”

I laughed, Taylor and I were currently in her London apartment that she had brought to be closer to Harry when they were dating. That was how convinced she was that he loved her. I looked at the clothes she was arranging on the bed and the pile of magazine cut outs that were growing in size and expense. “Taylor, I know I said I would do the job but I don’t think I can afford all this stuff” “it’s fine Ellie, I’m covering it” That’s awfully generous of her, Harry must have hurt her real bad. “If I could define Harrie’s type of girl in one word it would be like... sophisticated slut” “That’s two words Taylor” 

“Oh well...” she sighed and lay down on the couch propped up by her left hand. 

Over the course of the morning we had changed my look to suit Harries taste, while I usually where my professional looking attire, which taylor deemed to be boring, Harry prefers women to look like women, meaning flirty dresses and denim skirts... and heels. I hate heels. Let it be said that I am going to get that paycheck though, I need that paycheck . I will be able to get Tate a proper piano, maybe a tutor, and I will be able to give him the chance he needs to get out the life we live at home, which is comfortable yes, but I want more for him, he deserves more. “Ellie, you know what we need?”