intro

It was three in the morning and Maya was still awake. Her mind was twirling and her heart was heavy: a common occurrence those days. Once seven a.m. rolled around, she would be sitting in her morning class and she'd officially be a senior in college. She thought that she'd felt lost when she graduated high school. Everything was so new, so far from their regular schedule.

  Now, she felt even worse. They were really getting close to starting adulthood. One more year of college classes and nights on the town, with her best friends. They were all making real life decisions, with someone to do life with. She felt as if she were missing out on everything while waiting. After all of the promises that had been broken to her over the years, she never wanted to break a promise. Even waiting years and years for her someday. On the other hand, life was quite busy for the rest of the group. 

  Zay had signed for a position on the Texas Rangers baseball team. That meant that after graduation, he would move to Texas, starting his sporting career and ending his long distance relationship with his girlfriend, Vanessa. 

 Lucas and Isadora had just gotten married over the summer. They were planning on moving to Europe after graduation to pursue their dream of traveling and photographing the sights.

 Riley and Farkle had just gotten engaged, which almost gave Cory a heart attack. They were looking at getting married before Christmas. Riley was planning on taking a job teaching in the same school as her father, while Farkle was working with NASA as an engineer. 

 Last but not least, there was Maya. She was graduating with a degree in counseling and wanted to work with children from broken families. She was passionate about her career, but she felt like she was missing out on one of the most important things in life: love.

↠︎ ↠︎↠︎ ↠︎↠︎ ↠︎↠︎ ↠︎↠︎ ↠︎↠︎ ↠︎↠︎ ↠︎↠︎ ↠︎↠︎ ↠︎↠︎ ↠︎↠︎ ↠︎↠︎ ↠︎↠︎ ↠︎↠︎ ↠︎↠︎ ↠︎↠︎ ↠︎↠︎ ↠︎↠︎ ↠︎↠︎ ↠︎↠︎ ↠︎↠︎ ↠︎↠︎ ↠︎↠︎ ↠︎↠︎ ↠︎↠︎