One-Shot

Nadine huffed as she sat up in bed, glancing over at her alarm clock, squinting as she struggled to see what it read.

2:00 AM

She sighed and fell back onto her pillow. She was exhausted from her day of shooting another episode of Till I Met You. She doesn't know why she can't fall asleep, though. You'd think being out all day would tire you out, but Nadine just couldn't get herself to fall asleep.

"Ano ka ba, Nadine. Tulog ka na nga", she mumbled to herself.

She tried closing her eyes but it just led to them popping back open. She grabbed her phone and unlocked it, the brightness hurting her eyes. Nadine immediately opened up her texts messages and decided to bug the person she knew would wake up at anytime of the night just for her, even though he loves his sleep.

"Hey gising ka pa? I can't sleep", she texted.

She waited a couple minutes, but nothing. Yep, he was asleep. Lately, he's been going to sleep early that usual, even though he claimed to be a night person.

I guess my habits started to rub off on him...
She thought to herself.

Instead of letting James get his sleep, being the clingy girlfriend and lowkey needy girlfriend she is, she calls him.

A couple of rings and...

"Hello?", James groaned, "Nadine, it's like 2AM. Why are you calling? May problema?"

"James, I can't sleep", Nadine whispered.

He sighed and chuckled a bit afterward.

"Is that it? God, you scared me for a sec"

"Sorry", she bit her lip. "I just can't sleep. Hindi ko alam kung bakit"

"Well, Naddie, what do you want me to do?", he said, yawning.

"Can you just keep talking to me? Yung boses mo. It relaxes me" She whispered in response.

"Sure, love", he said as he gave a soft smile. "What do you want to talk about?"

"Kahit ano. Basta just keep talking"

"Well, when I can't sleep sometimes, to be honest, I think about you"

Nadine raised her eyebrows at that.

"Talaga? Like what?"

"Just things about us. Yung future natin. Careers natin. Mga magiging kids natin"

She chucked at his last sentence.

"You sound like Clark", she laughed. "Pero that's cute ha. So ano? What's our future like"

"Well eventually, in the future, I'm gonna put a ring on that" He smiled mischievously, even though she couldn't see him.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, of course" James said, turning onto his side. "One day, I'm going to propose to you. And it's going to be perfect. At the perfect place, at the perfect time. You'll look perfect- well you always do..."

She rolled her eyes and bit her lip as he spoke.

"... And everything will be perfect" he sighed at the picture in his head.

"Parang very planned out na yan" Nadine tilted her head, her hand still pressing the phone against her ear.

"Oh it will be"