Chapter Two: The Accident (part 1)

(Brocks POV)

I walk into Chemistry class and see the new girl Kate sitting in my seat. Me being too nervous to say anything to her, I just walk to the very back of the class and sit at an empty stool. The teacher, Mr. Burns, walks in not too long after me, followed by the bell. "Man I hate sitting back here. I can barely hear Mr. Burns introducing Kate to the class." I mumble to myself. Kate sits down and Mr. Burns continues talking. I zone out for a second thinking about Kate. "I love the way her light brown hair curls like it has a mind of its own" I think to myself. "And her deep blue eyes. The window right to the soul".
As I'm sitting there zoned out, Mr. Burns calls my name; "Brock! Brock! Earth to Brock! MR. BAXTER". I look up to see every eyeball in the classroom staring at me. Everyone has goggles on. Looks like teach gave us an assignment. "Mr. Baxter, please get to work on your assignment. It is due by the end of class". In my mind I'm thinking "oh geez what was the assignment?! What chemicals do I mix?!" So I put on my goggles, grab a couple beakers of random chemicals, mix them together, and hope for the best. I mix the chemicals together and it starts to change colors. "Did I do it right? Was this what I was supposed to do?" All of a sudden the chemical compound erupts and I get soaked. My clothes are ruined. Shirt, pants and all. And on top of that my skin starts getting a weird tingling sensation. Everyone in the class is staring at me and laughing. Including Kate. How could this get any worse?

The teacher gives me a pass to go change clothes and to call my mom to pick me up. I go to my gym locker and change clothes. Mom arrives and I'm feeling really weird. My body is tingling and it doesnt feel like normal. Maybe I just need to lay down. Maybe its just something I have to sleep off. I'll text Desere in the morning and let her know what happened.