Ch.3: The Audition

Ch.3
The Audition

Harry's POV

{Edited}

I watched from backstage as Louis started singing his song. As the song was coming to an end, the audience erupted in cheers and clapping. Louis was obviously completely dumbfound.

"Harry Styles, you're on deck," the producer said.

I watched from the side of the stage as all three judges gave Louis obvious "yes"es. (idk how to spell that, honestly)

With a large grin on his face, he walked back towards where I was.

"Congrats, Lou!" I heard myself say excitedly, but I think I'm gonna pass out.

"Thanks, mate. Just breathe and you'll be fine," he said, resting a hand on my shoulder and sending sparks through my body.

I nod and take a breathe before I make my way to the center of the stage, trying my hardest not to look. But when it was time to face the judges, all I could see where the bright lights and the thousands of people out in the audience as they applauded my arrival.

Oh god, I'm gonna be sick.

"Hello, what's your name?" asked Simon Cowel.

I can't believe I'm here... What if they hate me?... Wait, what did he just say? Oh, right, my name....... What's my name?...

"Harry Styles, sir," I feel myself say just barely over a whisper.

"Okay, Harry. How old are you?" He pushed on.

"16, sir,"" I say, clearing my throat.

"The stage is yours, Harry."

*skipping to after singing*

I can't believe I just did that. Oh my god, are they clapping or laughing? No, they are clapping and... and... and standing?!? What did I just do?

"Wow!" I hear Simon say.

"Harry, that was a great audition. You have such a mature sound for your age."

"I totally agree," said a female voice. "Also, I think you are super cute." She winked playfully.

"Harry, I'm going to be completely honest with you. I feel like you are just a little too young for this competition," Louis, one of the other male judges, points out to me. I frown. 

"With all do respect, Louis, that is the dumbest thing you have ever said on this show," Simon says.

I think my heart stopped right there.

"It's a yes from me, Harry," says Simon.

"Ugh, I just can't see you making it at your age, so it is a no from me," Louis says.

The whole audience boos.

"I don't think you boo'd him loud enough," Simon laughs, turning to the audience and egging them on.

"Booooooooooooooo!" the crowd yelled more enthusiastically.

"Harry, it's a yes from me," I heard the feminine voice say.

The whole stage shook as the crowd erupted in triumphant screams of victory!

I couldn't hold it back anymore.... I wanted to crumple up in a ball and just cry, right there on the stage and in front of national television.

We made it, mom. I did it.... for us. We are going to be okay.

I exit the stage, repeatedly thanking the judges and the audience. Once I got off the stage, that was it. I broke down.

We were going to be okay.