Chapter 6

BUDO POV

I walked Ayano home after she stopped crying. while we were walking I got a text from my parents. 'we need you to stay at a friends house' I knew exactly what that meant. I cringed trying to get the image of my parents doing it out of my head. "Hey Ayano? is okay if I crash at your place?" She looked at me funny. "why?" she asked. In response I showed her the text. "oh, in that case I guess its okay"

When we got to her house there were no one except us. "Where are your parents?" I asked "oversea's" Ayano replied. "make yourself at home. I'll be right back" Ayano said. I sat on the couch and looked around. the house was normal but empty. Ayano soon returned with a pillow and blanket. She gave it to me and sat down next to me. There where minuets of silence until she broke it. "I poisoned her because she had a crush on Yamada Senpai" she looked down when she said that. "Was this your first?" I asked. she hesitated but she shook her head. "Before I met Yamada Senpai, there was no reason for my life. But when he came into the picture, everything changed. I felt something that I had never felt before, and I couldn't bear the thought of him being with anyone else" I hugged her. I couldn't stop myself before and I can't stop myself now. "I-I've never felt like this about the others, so why am I like this now?" she said starting to cry. "It's okay. It's over now" I reassured her as she cried on my shoulder.

WEDNESDAY MORNING

My tired eyes slowly opened. I felt something on me, and I was hugging it. I turned my head and saw a sleeping Ayano resting on my shoulder. 'did we sleep like this?' I thought rubbing my eyes awake. A few seconds later Ayano opened her eyes and slowly got off me. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to sleep with us like this.." I apologized "It's really okay. I mean we both fell asleep" Ayano said. "well we better get ready for school" I said getting up.

7:00 AT SCHOOL

Ayano and I were on the school rooftop as the students were walking in. Ayano's phone buzzed in her hand. after she looked at it, she looked at Oka Ruto. I had an idea what was going through her head. "You have to stop killing" she looked surprised that I caught on to her plan. "I-I can't"

LUNCH TIME

I was walking towards the MA club when I saw Oka following Ayano. But Ayano was hiding something in her skirt. I quickly went over to them as casual as I could. "Hey Ayano, Hey Oka" I said to them. "H-hi, Buto" Oka said, but Ayano just glared at me. "Hey Oka, don't you have to take care of the Occult Club?" I said hoping she would leave "O-oh yeah. I'm sorry Ayano. Y-you'll have to show me it later" Oka said in her depressed tone. "It's okay Oka. Ayano has to go to the Martial Arts club now anyways" I told Oka as she was leaving. A few minuets after Oka left Ayano Turned to me, and pulled me into the nearest storage room. "What the hell did you do Budo?! I had that in the bag!" she said angrily "well I'm pretty sure that I just saved Oka's life. Plus I also just stopped you from killing another person" I explained to her "well now my whole plan is screwed up!" After that she walked out of the room angrily. And she never spoke to me for the rest of the day.