Catching up with the Past

Her Black Samsung Gear S3 Frontier Smartwatch alarmed 0600H. Kenai grumbled and hurriedly gulped her cofee, rinsed the cup and placed it in the dish drainer, her movement swift and sure. She opened her Swiss Army backpack. GOA B Uniform set with shoes and black socks, check. Civilian clothes set with wedge sneakers check. Spare underwear. Toiletries... Silk Scarf Damage Hair Protein Shampoo, Hair Treatment, Moist Pack, Hologram Hair Essence,Hologram Hair Serum, at Hologram Hair Mist, check. Petit Bijou Baby Bubble Wash, Body Cream, pyary turmeric ayurvedic soap, Hand Bouquet Rich Butter Foot Mask , Hand and Heel Cream, Bebe Elbow Mask, All Finish Moist Cleansing Water, Moistful Collagen, Honey Cera Eye Pack, T-Pore Cleaner, May Coop Mousse Cleanser, May Coop Raw Sauce, Skinfood Raw Sugar Scrub with Honey, Nature Republic Aloe Vera Gel Tub, Some By Mi Cushion, Nligthen Underarm cream, Cloud Cream and Body Cream, Tony Moly Liptint in Coral Ming and Etude House Lipsfit in Coral and Peripera Cloud Ink in Pink Coral, Bath and Body Works Cherry Blossom Cologne and hand Cream, and CK Truth Perfume, check. Samsung J7 Prime and two  Samsung S8, Check. Extra battery pack, Charger and 24000 MAH Romoss Powerbank, check. Wallet, check. Alienware Laptop and Charger, check. BEATS headphones and bluetooth headset, check.

I better hurry up, Kenai told herself , rammed the two-toned Michael Kors Sunglasses into her nose, isinukbit sa likod ang backpack before letting herself out at saka dali-daling sumakay ng motor nya, a black devil called Suzuki Hayabusa at mabilis na pinaandar yon.

"Good morning, " she greeted everyone nang makapasok siya sa kanilang police station where she hastily dumped her bag at ng log in sa kanyang Alienware Laptop. She went to the DIDM E-blotter, ng log in para i-check ang mga incidents the previous days. Di nya namalayan ang pagpasok ng kanyang kaibigan/colleague.

"Ken, kanina ka pa ba?" A five feet five female police officer sashayed her way inside her cubicle. "Parang hinahanap ka man ni Sir. " referring to the Chief ng kanilang police station. Humila ito ng upuan at naupo sa harap ng mesa nya. Po3 Jasmine Jade Del Rosario.

Sumimangot si Kenai. " Ngayon-ngayon lng. Bakit daw?" she asked as she logged out of the laptop and transferred her attention to the desktop.

Jasmine shrugged. "I dunno. "  "Basta hinanap ka nya kanina".

Nagkibit-balikat lang din si Kenai at ng-type sa desktop. "I'll just finish submitting these reports at pupunta sa kanya.:

Tumayo si Jasmine "Well, I better go ahead. Text when you're done. Lets have coffee later.

"Okay"

"Ano kaya ang reason na hinahanap ako ni Sir? I better find out." After finishing her reports, dali-daling nagbihis ng uniform si Kenai at pumunta sa office ng Chief of Police. She rapped at the door twice, pushed it open and saluted smartly. "Good morning, Sir. Hinahanap nyo po daw ako."

"Close the door behind you, Saavedra."

She dropped her hand, closed the door and approached the Chief's table. "Please sit down."

Bantulot na umupo sa bakanteng silya sa harapan ng mesa ng hepe si Kenai. Tumikhim ang hepe, at nagsimulang magsalita.

"How do you like to be given a time off from duty to be on a team na mg escort sa VIP?"

She frowned, slowly digesting ang narinig nya sa kaharap. "What?" she parroted. Nabibingi o naloloka na ata sya. Or ang kaharap nya. "What do you mean, sir?"

Hindi nakasagot si Kenai kahit ni gaputok sa sumunod na narinig. Pakiramdam nya, hinihigop ng kuryente ang buo nyang kamalayan sa pagkarinig ng pangalan na iyon. Mark Yohan D'Angelo Hashimoto Park. She felt as if a bomb was dropped at her lap. She has watched the movement of the Chief's lips but a deafening roar was echoing at her ears. Her head throbbed. No, it can't be, she silently pleaded. This can't be happening" She clutched at her head, wanting to vomit.