The Confrontation

Ginising si Kenai ng alarm ng  pink G-Shock Mud Master na relo nya. She groped in the darkness, reaching for it at the side table. The luminous digital watch showed 0500H. Bumuntung hininga siya ng malalim, closing her eyes briefly, attempting to get her bearing before rolling  off the bed. sinimulan nyang ligpitin ang higaan at naghilamos, brushed her teeth,  setting up her hair into a high ponytail at nagpalit into a pair of gray cotton sweats and white Sketchers running shoes. The high and mighty chaebol has requested through his Korean personal assistant/secretary/girl friday to be awakened at exactly 0600H for a morning run, and she had no choice but to comply, and para sundan din ito sa pag takbo nya. She really hated running. huminga na lang siya ng malalim and gritted her teeth, slowly making her way into his suite, radioing her companions if they had conducted an reconnaissance of the venue. Pwedeng pwede naman na gumamit ng treadmill, she silently mused to herself. Kung bakit naman kasi ang hilig mag show up, she complained further. She checked herself. Pakealam ko ba, she tossed her head and absentmindedly uttered and unintelligible  for a reply sa  radio nya when she was given a positive feedback ng tropa nya. Coast is clear. 

She halted outside the suite, and knocked at the door, waited for brief second before a sultry and angelic looking ahjussi opened the door.

Kenai bowed as per Korean tradition. "Anyeonghaseyo, Miss Lee. I believe its already jogtime for Mr. Park."she informed her.

The woman smiled. "Di, dangsin-i olbaleunji. al-ass-eo, geuege allil kke miseu sa deulla (Yes, you are correct. Alright, I will just inform him, Miss Saavedra.). She smiled formally then bowed.

Kenai returned the bow. "Di, kamsahamnida. "

The woman closed the door and a minute later, Dae-Young emerged, dressed in a pale blue sweats and gray sneakers. "Good morning, he said, na tinitigan siya mula ulo hanggang paa, his eyes mischievously taking in her outfit. "Mmm. Nice. Daebak!" he drawled.

She straightened. "Good morning, Sir." She replied formally.

"Don't I get a morning kiss, my sweet? "he teased, his eyes twinkling merrily.

Her eyes flashed angrily for the blatant teasing. "Let's cut the teasing, and proceed, Sir, shall we?" her voice is clipped and cold despite the sudden heating of her cheeks.

Di inaasahan ni Kenai ang susunod na gagawin ni Dae-Young. Hinaklit siya nito sa bewang at hinalikan ng mabilis sa labi. "How Ï wished dun ka natulog katabi ko, my sweet."

Kumawala si Kenai sa mga bisig nya. "Sir, with all due respect, I am not your whore. And can you please stop expecting those things from me?" You are the father of my sons, pero di ako pakawala na babae that would gladly throw away caution to the wind and flung herself at your feet. I am not one of those women, and I am not one of those women na nakasanayan mo, so please cut the crap"

"Kenai-"

She stopped at him in the threshold, about to take her into his arms "Please sir. Give me a space. Naguguluhan pa ako."

Hindi umimik ng ilang segundo ang lalake. At last, he held out his palms. Ökay. You win this time. But you can't stop me from wanting you, Kenai. " Kinuha nito ang kanyang kamay. "You belong to me, Kenai, you and both our sons, and I also belong to you. You better not forget that, and please let's drop these damn pretenses of formalities."

Napatingin lang sa kanya si Kenai. "You and I are going to go make a visit later in the day, Kenai" He continued.

Yumuko si Kenai para dukutin ang smartphone sa bulsa, about to check the status of the road securities na ng advance para i check ang status ng lugar na pupuntahan ni Dae-Young, her mind barely registering ang mga sinasabi nito. "Yes, sir"

"I'm glad you dont have any objections sa pagbisita ko sa mga anak ko, Kenai. I was sure you will convince me otherwise." He smirked.

"W-What?" But she was already talking to his retreating back.

She fumed. The damn chaebol is smiling at her from across the table. She nervously swallowed.