Chapter 1

The car pulls up to my mother's boyfriend house,she starts to clap her hands excitedly but stops as she sees my frustrated face.

"Maddie he's a nice guy" she said.

"And my own father was a nice guy,but no you didn't like that nice of guys" I said getting out of the car.

Peter her boyfriend walks out of the house and walks over to my mom and kisses her on the cheek then walks over to me.

"Need help Madison?" Peter asked smiling.

"No" I said grabbing my suitcase.

"Maddie be nice" my mom snaps.

"Fine,Peter please be a gentleman and break up with my mom so I can move back to New York" I said smiling at both of them.

I roll my eye's and walk into the house. They both walk in behind me mumbling at each other.

"J.C can you come out in the kitchen for a sec!" Peter shouts.

A man with brown curly hair walks down the stairs singing each time he takes a step.

"Wassup pop?" J.C asked looking at me and my mother.

"This is Anna and Madison and there going to be living with us for awhile" Peter said smiling at my mom.

"Haha,hell no I never promised to be living with a chick" he said pointing at me.

"It's not like I'm sharing a room with you so shut it" I said.

"Exactly so can you please show her to her new room" Peter said pointing upstairs.

"Yeah,come on" he said walking upstairs.

I grab my suitcase and walk upstairs and follow him to my new room. He opens a door and steps back.

"Thanks" I said walking in the room.

He smiles then walks back to his room. I sit on my bed and sigh. I hear a knock on the door that snap me out of my daydream.

"So do you like Peter?" my mother asked walking up to me and sitting beside me.

"I'll get used to him" I said opening my suitcase and pulling a t-shirt out.

"Well dinner will be in a hour" she said sqezzing my shoulders and walking out.

****
I finally finshed unpacking so I laid on the bed and look at my phone while my mother and Peter we're laughing out in the kitchen.

"Dinner!" Peter shouts.

I set my phone down and got up from my bed and walk out from my room. I walk down the stairs and walk into the kitchen.

"Hey um..take a seat where you would like to" Peter said.

"Can I eat in my room?" I asked looking at my mom.

"Sit" she said pointing at a chair.

I sit and see J.C sit down beside me while looking at his phone.

"J.C put the dang phone away at the dinner table please" Peter said handing me a plate with food on it.

I laugh a little and take a bite of food. I look over at my mom,she look back at my and nudge her head.

"So Peter where did you and my mom meet?" I asked looking at my plate of food.

"Well she was sent down her to help me with a case and we talk about you and Ethan and your fath.."Peter started.

"You told him about dad?!" I ask in anger.

"Maddie" she said.

"No don't Maddie me I'm not 6 anymore the won't fucking shut me up" I snap.