Teddy Bear -Mes

Mari X Wes
Inspired by the picture above and multiple events in Smosh Games

Mari POV

It was a rough day at Smosh Games HQ today. I recorded a huge Maricraft episode that was like an hour and a half long... But the recording crashed at the end and I lost all the footage. On top of that, the episode needed to be out soon, and I honestly didn't want to do it.
But I had to.
So I spent the next hour making the video, and decided to call it a day. I don't care if I left too early.... I needed to be out of there. The episode was so fun, and it crashed, so i felt super bad. I just needed to go home.
I grabbed my phone and keys, said goodbye to Jovenshire who was the only other person with me, and left.
I needed to go home.
I walked to my car and sighed. I started it, and left. There was so much traffic, and there really shouldn't have been. Today was stressful, and all I needed was to be home with Wes. I needed my best friend with me. I just needed a hug.
I was lost in my thoughts, and found myself crying. I couldn't help it, and I was only a few miles from home.
I can't wait to get there.

Wes POV

I sat at the kitchen island, screwing around with editing when I heard the doorknob turning. The door opened, and there stood Mari.
"Mari? Why are you home so early?" I asked, standing up. Her back was to me, so I walked over to her.
"Mari?" She turned to me, face reddened.
"Are you okay?" She shook her head side to side. She inhaled deeply. I put one hand around her, and pulled her into a hug.
"What's wrong?"
"I-I don't w-wanna talk ab-bout it..." She whimpered.
"Don't worry. You don't have to explain." She wrapped her arms around my neck.
"W-Wes....." She whimpered
"Yeah?"
"You're really cuddly." She giggled.
"Like a teddy bear." I smiled. She started to pet my hair.
"I've sill never gotten over your Fabio Hair." I kissed her head.
"You're sweet." I said to her. She let go of the hug and smiled through her drying tears.
"No you are." She pecked my cheek and left to go wash her face.

Sometimes I wish I were more than sweet to her. I wish I could be her everything. I just don't want to ruin anything, or I'll regret it for the rest of my life.
I love you Mari.

LATER THAT DAY

Mari and I sat on the couch, with a blanket and some popcorn. We were watching Billy Madison, when out of the blue, Mari asked me something.
"Do you think I'm annoying?"
"No, why?"
"I don't know.... I was told I was today." She said, cheeks tinted pink."
"You aren't annoying. You're beautiful, smart, kind, and sweet. Ignore them."
"Oh....okay." She stopped. It was silent for a few minutes, until all of a sudden, she blurted out again.
"Wes, you called me beautiful.... Why did you lie?"
"Goddamn it Mari!" I shouted, getting up.
"I'm not lying! Okay? You're a beautiful woman, and you can do anything you want. You're a badass and the sweetheart person ever at the same time. I love you just the way you are. You are the perfect person. Why won't you just see that?" Mari opened her mouth to speak and closed it quickly. She closed her eyes for a few seconds and inhaled, then exhaled deeply. I thought I had ruined my chances until he shot up and gave me a hug.
"You really are a teddy bear. You're sweet."
"No you are." ❤️