Two lives , one girl

Melissa P.O.V

'It's ok to be afraid, you can do it'. At school people see me as the quiet one who is kind of popular. They see me as some type of sidekick, a follower. But, they don't know the real me. I'm tired of stereotypes, people are not what you expect.So as they say 'don't judge a book by its cover'. Everyone has a secret, my secret is I am one the radio host for 'Youtubers beet'. Its shows people that you can be who you want to be. We play the new songs, rising artist and top youtubers. We bring out the best of our stars making sure they be themselves. 

'Monday is here! yey!' I thought to myself as I entered the school gate that read 'Pristena high highschool'. We have so many types of uniforms it depended what type of group you were in, the populars, nerds and my group the plain average.

  When I reached my locker there was a crowd of cheerleaders surrounding a guy. The guy they are crowding is Jake Belton.  I have had a crush on him since primary school. He is a member from the 'Bad Nite' the rising  highschool local boy band.

'Mel!!', Emily my so called 'friend' runs over to me. Emily has brown long hair and beautiful green eyes and of course she's a cheerleader. Ok yes, I said that I'm the average type of girl who doesn't speak much, but that doesn't mean that I don"t have friends who are popular, but they are not my closest of friends.

'Hi!' I said

'Omg is that Jake Beldton, the guy you have been crushing on for like a century? ' Emily asks. I ignore her and just laugh.  Emily then drags me to where my group is. My group consist of  dance girls, Lily and Sophia , a sporty girl, Mary, my smart best friend, Annie  the artist, Catherine, me the music one  and sometimes some of our 'popular' friends sit with us. Each one of us had a position , I was the quiet mysterious one.

The bell rung, before we knew it and I went to homeroom with Mary. After homeroom,  I had music first period our assignments were due. We were just told that Mary's class will be joining us and also be performing their solo pieces. I see Mary but my world goes crashing down when when I see Jake.  I can't do this! How am I going to perform now that he is here. Like I didn't already have enough trouble performing before!! I turned to Mary who just realized that she forgot to tell me that Jake was in her class.

Before I know it Mary puts up her hand amd ask the teachers if we could practice first. So the teachers decided that they would put is in groups to  practice our solo pieces but help each other out. I look at the groups written on the board and find out that I'm in the same group as Mary. Then I realized a name added to our group, Jake's name.