Chapter 1: Lifetime opportunity

Hey guys!

So this is my new book and I hope you like and love this book the same way you love my other book😀

This story will have a few things which probably can't be taken as the truth, but please bear with it🙏🏻.

Please do vote and comment❤️
_________________

Charis POV:

No no no no! I can't be late again to join my job. My manager had already warned me the last time I was late that the next time, if I step into her office even late by one minute, she is going to kick my ass out. And no one can really afford to lose their one and only job when they are going through a rough time.

Oh sorry for not introducing myself. Hi, I am Charis Hemsworth and I am 19 years old. I am half Spanish because of my mom and half American because of my dad. I am an orphan and have no one in my life except my younger sister, kaitlyn, who is 7 years old. She is as mischievous and naughty as a devil, but I love her to the extinct. Kaitlyn looks like our mom with the same ocean blue eyes and dark blonde hair whereas unfortunately for me, I have gone on my dad with dark brown eyes and brunette hair, but it's ok because I am happy for what I have.

My mom passed away when she gave birth to kait and when I was 12 years old. Our so-called dad, Willaim Hemsworth was our only hope to take care of us but he never acted what he should have been. He is the man of my nightmares and the one who ruined mine and my sister's lives. I used to wish that he should have died instead of my mom, but now I am mature and have learnt to forgive. But I still can't forget what he did to me. How can a father do that to his own daughters? I mean, how low can a person stoop to? I hate men just because of him, but deep inside I do know that not all men are like him.

I was tolerating my dad for my sister as I was too young to take care of her alone and he used to behave like an animal, but at the end of the day he was our only source of finance and survival. When I turned 18, one day we got a news that he passed away due to lung cancer as he used to smoke a lot...and I mean ALOT! I didn't go to his funeral because honestly, I didn't care. I was old enough to get a job and I did get a waitress job in a huge organisation which plans and conducts big successful parties and events (for example: business meetings, weddings, business or casual billionaire and millionaire parties, etc).

So in these type of events, I am in the food and kitchen department. My job profile is of a waitress so I serve food, snacks and beverages. The job can sometimes be a pain in my ass because rich spoilt brats who come to these parties usually are either rude or too friendly (you know what I mean?). I wanted to leave this job but it's well paid and our manager, Mrs Logo, who is an old lady is usually friendly but can get hyper if something goes wrong. The most important reason I do not intend to quit my job is that whenever I think of doing so, my sister's face comes in front of my eyes, her innocent face and her dependence on me. I know she completely depends on me but I am more than glad to take care of her. She never was, she never is and she never will be a burden on me. We both have been through a rough past and I was still old enough to manage to survive, whereas she had to go through shit at a really young age.

Due to this job, I didn't get the time to go to a proper university in order to compete my studies, but I didn't want to give it up completely so started doing an online course in business management. I found it cheap, reliable and it was doing its purpose. Me and my sister live in a small 1 bedroom hall kitchen apartment in New York City as it is nearer to my job and kaitlyn's school. The building is not so hi-fi nor is it located in the safe part of NYC, but who cares when you at least have shelter.