It's Out There- Chapter I

I know it's there. I've heard it every day. But nobody believes me. Every time I take a step, I hear a noise. But what is it? I turn around and see nothing. When I start to walk towards my house I hear stomping. The stomping speeds up. I hear a growl. I run.

I run as fast as I can knowing something is behind me and knowing that I am not safe. The stomping is close behind me. I rush into my door and stumble with my keys. Once I'm in I peer out the window. Nothing is there.

"Hey Bri!" says my sister Lauren," how was school?"

My brother Luke walks in and asks me what's wrong noticing the worried face I have.

"I heard- 
"The stomping again," My sister says and rolls her eyes

"I could have died Lauren!" I explain to her

"The only thing killing you is your imagination" She snapped back

"I swear it's out there," I plead

"What does it look like," asked Luke

"I- I don't know," I replied

Lauren smirks and shakes her head all the way to the kitchen.

"Mom and Dad would have believed me," I said to Luke

Luke gave me a hug and said, "If you say so then I believe."

I will admit, it made me feel better. My parents died in a plane crash. It's been hard on all of us but we've stayed together. Luke and Lauren are old enough to move away but they made a promise they'd stay together till I'm old enough. I'm only 10 so it may be a while. 

That night at dinner, I heard the stomping outside. I got really silent and I was asked what's wrong but I was afraid the stomper would recognize my voice and start coming. I knew Lauren wanted the best for me but I also knew she would just make fun of me if I explained to her that I was scared of the stomper.