chapter 5 - "unwanted memories"

"Mommy!" I ran in a grassy field and hugged her.

She gently ran her hand through my hair.

I looked up at my mom, she had no emotions but just a dead stare.

Something was wrong... I thought.

I looked away from my mother and saw
the grassy field starting to decay and rot.

I backed away from my mother as I saw her getting closer to me with a scary expression.

"(Y/N), my sweet child... Has been the devil's work.." My mom slowly formed a terrifying grin. I flinched back from her grin.

"I'm not! Mommy!! I'm not a devil's work!!" I yelled at her.

Suddenly a fog of darkness started coming up out of nowhere.

Everything was vanishing into thin air. My mother decayed along with the darkness.

I screamed, "DON'T LEAVE! PLEASE!" But it was too late the darkness has already took over.

"Please don't leave me... Please." The darkness was covering the atmosphere and there I was alone.

I hugged my knees and cried, hoping everything will be over, waiting for someone to help me from the dark.

I then felt someone or something shaking my arm, "Brat.." A familiar voice filled the atmosphere.

"Oi, wake up!" The voice rang through my ears and everything was fading away, my eyes slowly opened.

"Huh?" I rubbed my eyes, realizing it was just another nightmare.

"You were crying in your sleep." As Levi pointed at your cheek.

I held my hand on my cheek, and felt my tears. Great, I was crying. I wiped my tears away with the back of my hand as I released a sniffle.

"Someone had quite a dream."
He began looking around the room. Looking at each of every corner, and seeing the piles of Hanji's demonic research everywhere.

"How do both of you live in such a filthy area."

"Seriously... You're still ranting about filth?" I tilted my head.

"I'll have you know that I like to keep my surroundings clean, filthy shit." He picked up a duster.

"Well then, I'll have you know that my name is (Y/N) not filthy shit. You miniature version of Mr. Clean." I mumbled the last sentence.

"What was that?" He glared at me.

"Oh-What? Nothing." I should've learned not to make a demon mad who knows what he'll do with me.

He replied with a simple "tch" and looked away and observed the duster.

"Levi, what are you doing with that?"
I stood up walking towards him, until my foot hit against something.

I looked at the floor and saw Hanji lying on the floor with her glasses on the bridge of her nose. "Oh.. Jeez." I kneel down and shook her arm, "Hanji, wake up." Her only reply was a snore.

"Oh look, there's a wild demon roaming the room!"

Hanji's eyes sprang open, "D-Demons??!!" She sat up and turned her head left and right looking out for demons.