Chapter 3

Blood.

It ran down my legs and down my hand. I winced at the pain, and tears streamed slowly down my face.

After about 15 minutes of that, I sat in my room and cried. I debated whether or not to invite Luke or Megan over. Well, Megan has been my best friend (and practically sister) for as long as I can remember. But Luke on the other hand, I have known since I was a toddler and we could catch up. After sitting there lonely for about 5 minutes, I decided to call Luke and invite him over.

"Carly? What's going on? Even though we just talked like 20 minutes ago." I couldn't help but sob then and there. Without even thinking about him being on the other line. I sobbed miserably.

"Carly? Carly? Screw it, I'm coming over now. Don't go anywhere. I'll be right over." Luke then hung up the phone and I continued to cry. After 10 minutes, I had cried so much that I could not produce anymore tears. I then heard a banging at the front door. Obviously it was Luke. I walked down to open the door and Luke practically tackled me when he came darting through the front door.

"What's going on? Who did this to you?" He then took a step back. Without even thinking, I wasnt wearing my bracelets or a long sleeve shirt like I usually do. Shit. He saw my scars from my most recent cuts. Well, I also had not realized that my cuts on my legs were so deep, to where blood was gushing through my sweatpants. I turned on my heels as quick as I could, but Luke grabbed my arm and stopped me from escaping. I released his grasp and took off running for my room, and when i got to my door and attempted to shut it, Luke was pushing on the door.

"Carly please! You cant be doing this to yourself! You don't deserve to!" I finally achieved my goal of slamming the door shut and locking it. I slid down the back of my door, screaming and crying that I couldn't take what life has given me anymore. I had to end it now. I couldn't do this any longer. I then sprang from the floor and leaped towards my dresser drawers, remembering that I had a box of blades hidden underneath my socks. Just as I tore open the box, Luke had busted the door open and was running towards me, his cheeks red and puffy and he had tear stains on them as well. He reached around me and took the box of blades from me. He threw them across the room and had a tight enough grip around my waist to where I couldn't escape. I turned around and sobbed into his chest. He stroked the back of my head and began crying as well. We then slowly progressed our way towards the ground, me sitting in his lap, and he held me close to his chest.

After about half an hour of both of us crying, he cupped his hands around my chin and made me look up at him.

"Carls, why are you doing this to yourself? Why?"

"Because Luke, I can't do it anymore. I'm so done with everyone expecting so much out of me, and all of the stress, and the fact that my boyfriend dumped me and called me a whore, I cannot handle that. It is too much for one human to have to handle, and I don't believe I can even try to get through it."

"Well, I don't know who you dated, but he was an ass. You're not a whore. You are drop dead gorgeous. Any man would be lucky to have you as a part of his life. You are getting ready to be a senior in high school. Look, I have always wanted to tell you this. But, I have always had a crush on you. I was always so jealous of the boyfriends you had had before. I always wanted to be them. To be able to hold you, and kiss you, and be everything that you have always wanted. But, I know that that will never happen and-" I cut him off by placing my lips on his. He then wraps his hands in my hair. He is so gentle. He breaks the kiss as he stands up.

"What? Did I do something wrong?" I ask, worried and embarrassed about the event that had just occurred between us.

"No, you were perfect. Its just, did that really just happen?" He asks and lets out a chuckle.